Search NoVa Caps Site
- Former Capitals Defenseman Karl Alzner Intends on Playing In the NHL This Season, Says He’ll Demand A Move if Placed in the AHL
- Evgeny Kuznetsov, Capitals Release Statements on Suspension by International Ice Hockey Federation
- Capitals’ Michal Kempny Takes The Ice For The First Time Since Hamstring Surgery
- IIHF Suspends Evgeny Kuznetsov For Four Years
- Capitals’ 2019 Offseason Timeline
- NHL Is Pushing For Betting Kiosks In NHL Arenas Sometime This Season
- Capitals Announce 2019 Prospect Tournament Schedule, Training Camp Details
- Penguins’ Assistant GM Bill Guerin Named Wild GM
- Capitals GM Brian MacLellan on Michal Kempny: “Everything Is Positive For Him To Start Camp”
- Braden Holtby, Jonas Siegenthaler, Michal Kempny Join Capitals’ Informal Practice On Wednesday
Category Archives: News
Former Capitals Defenseman Karl Alzner Intends on Playing In the NHL This Season, Says He’ll Demand A Move if Placed in the AHL
Photo: NHL Former Capitals defenseman Karl Alzner was a staple on the Washington blueline during his time in D.C., playing in a team-record 423 consecutive games before leaving the team as a free agent in the summer of 2017, signing … Continue reading
The announcement from the International Ice Hockey Federation that Capitals center Evgeny Kuznetsov was suspended for four years from participating in international play after testing positive for a banned substance was a big one that rippled through the hockey world. … Continue reading
Washington Capitals defenseman Michal Kempny skated for the first time since March 20, when he left the team’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning with a torn hamstring after getting involved in a scrum with center Cedric Paquette. The 29-year … Continue reading
The IIHF has suspended Russian ice hockey player Evgeni Kuznetsov for a violation of World Anti-Doping Code Article 2.1 (Presence of a Prohibited Substance).
Photo: Getty Images The Washington Capitals have had a busy offseason, making tweaks around the edges of the roster while keeping their core intact after falling in seven games in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs to the … Continue reading
Graphic: SportsBetReview Ready or not, real time betting is coming to a hockey arena near you. And according to the NHL, it could happen sometime this season.
Photo: @TBLightning The Washington Capitals announced their schedule for the 2019 prospect tournament on Wednesday evening. The Capitals’ prospects will face the Carolina Hurricanes’ on Saturday, September 7, the Nashville Predators’ on Sunday, September 8, and the Tampa Bay Lightning’s … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Minnesota Wild named Bill Guerin their fourth general manager in franchise history on Wednesday. He replaces Paul Fenton, who was fired by the team on July 30. Guerin was the Pittsburgh Penguins’ assistant GM for the previous … Continue reading
Washington Capitals defenseman Michal Kempny returned to DC on Tuesday, and made his first appearance at MedStar Capitals Iceplex on Wednesday. The big question regarding Kempny is his health and readiness for the coming season.
Photo: Last Word On Hockey Goaltender Braden Holtby and defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler joined the Washington Capitals’ informal skates, which lead up to training camp on September 13, on Wednesday. In addition, defenseman Michal Kempny returned to Washington and was getting … Continue reading