Search NoVa Caps Site
- Aliaksei Protas And Alex Alexeyev Are Heading To The KHL Playoffs
- Dowd Dominance: Nic Dowd’s Recent Faceoff Effectiveness A Highlight As the Capitals Look To Improve On The Dot
- Zach Fucale Pitches Shutout, Joe Snively Scores Second Goal Of The Season As Bears Blank Devils, 3-0
- Capitals Drub Devils, 5-2, For Fifth Win In Seven Games
- Bringing the Fire: Hathaway, Sprong, & Eller Give Capitals 3-1 Lead Over Devils
- Evgeny Kuznetsov Out Day-To-Day With Upper-Body Injury, Will Not Suit Up For Capitals On Saturday
- Ilya Samsonov Re-assigned To Capitals Taxi Squad, Pheonix Copley Re-assigned To Hershey Bears
- The Emergence Of Nick Jensen
- Bears Dust Devils, 6-3: Ilya Samsonov Stops 25 of 28 Shots; Kody Clark Scores Two Goals; Garrett Pilon Scores Highlight-Reel Goal
- Washington at New Jersey Series Preview: Capitals Tangle With Devils in Weekend Matinees
Tag Archives: Carolina Hurricanes
Photo: New England Flag and Banner For most of the Alex Ovechkin era, the Washington Capitals played in what was known as the Southeast Division, which was eliminated prior to the 2013-14 season with a number of division re-alignments. For … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com With the Washington Capitals having a week off in between games after the Philadelphia Flyers and Buffalo Sabres both shut down temporarily due to COVID-19, they are just one of many teams to have a long layoff with … Continue reading
Carolina Hurricanes General Manager Don Waddell announced on Friday that the team has hired former Washington Capital Justin Williams as a special Special Advisor to the General Manager.
Photo: WRAL According to the Raleigh News & Observer’s Luke DeCock, Thursday and Saturday’s games between the Carolina Hurricanes and Florida Panthers at PNC Arena have both been postponed after four Hurricanes players tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday.
Photo: SeatGeek According to TSN’s Frank Seravalli, four Carolina Hurricanes players tested positive for COVID-19, which forced Tuesday night’s game at the Nashville Predators to be postponed.
Photo: Bridgestone Arena According to The Athletic’s Pierre LeBrun, the game between the Carolina Hurricanes and Nashville Predators scheduled for Tuesday night at Bridgestone Arena has been postponed as the Hurricanes are dealing with some COVID-19 issues.
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images As the realigned divisions are set and with the 2020-21 season just days away, NoVa Caps continues with their division previews. Today, we look at the Central Division, which features both Stanley Cup finalists:
Family Ties: The Second Time Around – Washington Capitals and Carolina Hurricanes And the Drafting of Extended Family
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Over the years, there have been many a time when an NHL team drafts a player with the hopes that they can be a building block for the franchise, only to be disappointed by said prospect’s development, … Continue reading
A Pyrrhic Victory and Casualties in Carolina: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals @ Carolina Hurricanes – November 30, 2009
Gregg Forwerck/NHLI via Getty Images Continuing a recent stretch of NoVa Caps’ Retro Recaps, Diane Doyle takes a look back at a game played in November 2009, at a time when the Washington Capitals were battling for the Eastern Conference … Continue reading
Metropolitan Division teams made big changes this offseason, with several significant moves coming on defense. Last month, NoVa Caps looked at Metropolitan Division goalie tandems. Now, it’s time to examine the eight teams’ projected defenses for the 2020-21 NHL season and … Continue reading