Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Hold Off Sabres, 4-3, In Shootout; Jakub Vrana Gets Two Points
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson Leaves Third Period Against Sabres With Lower-Body Injury; Will Be Re-evaluated Saturday
- Sabres At Capitals: Second Period Advanced Stats
- Bruins’ Brad Marchand on Capitals’ COVID-19 Violation: “We All Know The Consequences Of Breaking The Rules…They Brought That On Themselves”
- Sabres At Capitals: First Period Advanced Stats
- Hershey Bears Release Roster For 2020-21 Training Camp
- Report: NBC To Shut Down NBCSN At End Of 2021; NHL Coverage To Shift To USA Network
- Report: Capitals Among 12 Teams That Have Inquired On Blue Jackets’ Pierre-Luc Dubois
- Capitals Recall Brian Pinho From Taxi Squad
- Hershey Bears Release Schedule For 2020-21 Season
Tag Archives: John Carlson
Photo: Joe Sargent/Getty Images After allowing an average of 3.44 goals-per-game in the final 32 games of the 2019-20 regular season and signing four defensemen in the offseason, the Washington Capitals have allowed at least three goals in three of … Continue reading
Capitals Extend Opening Night Splendor: T.J. Oshie, John Carlson, Nicklas Backstrom And Alex Ovechkin Extend Opening Night Streaks
The Washington Capitals opened the 2020-21 season Thursday night with a 6-4 victory over the Sabres in Buffalo. The victory extends the Capitals success in recent opening nights and also extends opening night streaks for Capitals players.
Screencaps: @gnacarlson/IG We are less than 48 hours away from puck drop, signaling a new season for the Washington Capitals. Although excitement is in the air, time away from family can always be tough for players. Gina Carlson, wife of … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals were back to work Saturday morning at MedStar Capitals Iceplex following a day off on Friday. The team will hold one more scrimmage Sunday afternoon and then begin to finalize their opening night roster. The season opens … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson joined The Athletic’s Two-Man Advantage podcast with Scott Burnside and Pierre LeBrun on Tuesday. He discussed training camp, new head coach Peter Laviolette, and his experience at the 2010 IIHF World Junior Championships.
Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson said that new head coach Peter Laviolette’s system is “not that much different over the years.” He described it as some variation compared to others that he has played throughout his career.
Photo: @Capitals On his first day running practice for the Washington Capitals, head coach Peter Laviolette has made some changes to his team’s lineup after they ended last season by going 15-14-3 in their final 32 regular-season games and went … Continue reading
Photos: @Capitals The first day of the Washington Capitals‘ 2020-21 training camp is officially here! Although the start of on-ice sessions does not begin until Monday, January 4, Sunday was limited to medical and testing; however, fans were given a … Continue reading
Photo: Nick Wass/The Associated Press The 2020-21 NHL season will be a shortened thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the teams playing just 56 games instead of the customary 82 games. Nonetheless, several players on the Capitals’ roster could reach … Continue reading
Photo by Richard Wolowicz/Getty Images Over the years, many future Washington Capitals players have participated in the IIHF Under 20 Championships, popularly known as the World Junior Games. The games begin on Christmas Day, with the preliminary rounds taking place … Continue reading