Search NoVa Caps Site
- Alex Ovechkin Comments on George Floyd’s Murder: “It Is So Important For Us To Respect and Love Each Other No Matter What We Look Like!!!”
- Assistant Reid Cashman Named Dartmouth Head Coach, But Will Stay With Capitals For Rest Of Season
- Looking At The Salary Cap Breakdown Of Past Stanley Cup Champions: How Do This Season’s Capitals Compare?
- Alex Ovechkin & Wife Nastya Celebrate Children’s Day
- Martin Fehérváry: “I Had a Beautiful Relationship With My Mother. When She Died, Hockey Helped Me”
- NHL Players Demand Change & Speak Out Against Racism
- Washington Capitals Fourth Quarter Review: 2019-20 Season
- New Sportsbook Business ‘Handle19’ Forges Ahead With Plans To Open In DC This Fall, Despite COVID-19 Pandemic
- Report: NHL Teams Preparing To Start Phase Two Late Next Week
- How Will NHL Officiating Be Impacted Without Fans In Attendance?
Category Archives: NHL
Looking At The Salary Cap Breakdown Of Past Stanley Cup Champions: How Do This Season’s Capitals Compare?
Photo: Scott Rovak/Getty Images Do recent Stanley Cup winners share a similar strategy when it comes to salary cap management? There are plenty of factors that make up a championship team other than money: team chemistry, ability to overcome adversity, … Continue reading
Photo: Stan Szeto/USA TODAY Sports Over the past several days, protesters have taken the streets in major cities in wake of the death of George Floyd. Arrested for allegedly using a counterfeit bill at a convenience store, Floyd was killed … Continue reading
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Due to the remainder of the 2019-2020 NHL regular season being cancelled as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, it is time to do the fourth and last quarterly assessment of the Washington Capitals’ 2019-20 season. In … Continue reading
The Sportsnet crew reiterated that the NHL’s phase three (mini-training camps) will not start before July 10 and that phase two (small group skates and workouts), which teams are preparing to begin late next week, will not be mandatory.
Photo: Andy Devlin/Getty Images The NHL announced that the Stanley Cup Playoffs will begin with 24 teams. While there are many boxes to be checked before play begins, Commissioner Gary Bettman said that the playoffs could begin as early as late … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com Washington Capitals‘ senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan was on a conference call with the media on Friday afternoon discussing Phase 2 and the NHL’s Return to Play Plan.
According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, NHL players were informed on Thursday that Phase 3, which includes formal training camps, will not start before July 10.
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images While the 2019-20 NHL season was ended prematurely due to the coronavirus pandemic, the shortened campaign was not an uneventful one for members of the Washington Capitals, as many members of the team reached significant career milestones … Continue reading
Photo: Francois Lacasse/Getty Images The NHL announced that the Stanley Cup Playoffs will begin with 24 teams. While there are many boxes to be checked before play begins, Commissioner Gary Bettman said that the playoffs could begin as early as … Continue reading
Photo: Kirk Irwin/Getty Images Tuesday afternoon, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman announced the Return to Play Plan, which concludes the 2019-20 regular season and focuses on the phases and formats for the postseason. Bettman highlighted the importance of the health and … Continue reading