Search NoVa Caps Site
- The KHL Season Is Quickly Deteriorating Due To COVID-19; Should The Capitals Prospects Exit From The League?
- Kevin McCarthy: A Look At Potential Assistant Coaching Candidates For The Capitals
- Penguins In The Midst Of Working Out A Patric Hornqvist-Mike Matheson Trade With Panthers
- Report: No Traditional “Day With The Cup” For Stanley Cup Winners
- A Deep Dive Into Peter Laviolette’s Coaching Resume
- Projecting The Capitals’ Three Big Contract Extensions Coming Up
- Hershey Bears Sign Caleb Herbert To One-Year Deal
- 7 Teams That Missed 2019-20 NHL Postseason May Be Allowed To Hold Longer Training Camps
- Alex Alexeyev’s KHL Coach, Two Teammates Test Positive For COVID-19
- Oilers’ Leon Draisaitl Wins 2019-20 Hart Memorial Trophy, Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin Finishes Tied For 13th
Author Archives: Justin Trudel
Photo by Jacob Kupferman On September 15th, the Washington Capitals announced the hiring of former Nashville Predators head coach Peter Laviolette as the 19th head in franchise history. Coming off of a disappointing 2019-20 season with the Predators, Laviolette looks to … Continue reading
One of the most glaring issues with the Washington Capitals during the 2019-20 season was the performance of the team’s defense. The team struggled to find consistency on the back-end, resulting in then head coach Todd Reirden regularly mixing up … Continue reading
Two of the top candidates for the head coach of the Washington Capitals are Peter Laviolette and Gerard Gallant. The veteran coaches fit the bill for an experienced head coach who can hold veteran players accountable and get solid post-season … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals In what is likely Braden Holtby’s last game as a Washington Capital, the Caps’ offense never got started in a 4-0 rout at the hand of the Islanders, losing the series 4-1. With a pair of goals by … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals were able to finally notch a win in their first round series with the New York Islanders in Game 4, pushed by a dominant performance at five on five play, after falling to a 2-0 deficit early … Continue reading
Capitals’ Head Coach Todd Reirden made several lineup tweaks prior to Game 3 against the Islanders today, but those tweaks came to no avail, with the Caps losing 2-1 in overtime.
Photo by Chase Agnello-Dean/NHLI via Getty Images The Capitals rushed out to a quick 1-0 lead in the first period with Alex Ovechkin scoring his first of the playoffs 56 seconds in, but it wasn’t enough to overcome the Islanders’ … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals After jumping out to a 2-0 lead in the second period of Game 1, the Capitals were thoroughly outworked and outplayed at even strength, leading to four unanswered goals by the Islanders en route to a 4-2 victory.
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Following the Washington Capitals‘ 2-1 victory against the Boston Bruins in the final game of the round robin portion of the NHL Playoffs, the Caps solidified the third seed in the Eastern Conference and a … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals On Sunday afternoon, the Capitals grabbed their first win of the round robin portion of the 2020 NHL Playoffs, earning the third seed in the Eastern Conference and a first round matchup against the sixth seeded New York … Continue reading