Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Hold Off Sabres, 4-3, In Shootout; Jakub Vrana Gets Two Points
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson Leaves Third Period Against Sabres With Lower-Body Injury; Will Be Re-evaluated Saturday
- Sabres At Capitals: Second Period Advanced Stats
- Bruins’ Brad Marchand on Capitals’ COVID-19 Violation: “We All Know The Consequences Of Breaking The Rules…They Brought That On Themselves”
- Sabres At Capitals: First Period Advanced Stats
- Hershey Bears Release Roster For 2020-21 Training Camp
- Report: NBC To Shut Down NBCSN At End Of 2021; NHL Coverage To Shift To USA Network
- Report: Capitals Among 12 Teams That Have Inquired On Blue Jackets’ Pierre-Luc Dubois
- Capitals Recall Brian Pinho From Taxi Squad
- Hershey Bears Release Schedule For 2020-21 Season
Tag Archives: New York Rangers
Former Washington Capitals goaltender Semyon Varlamov is having a season to remember so fr in 2021. He started the season with a very impressive shutout streak that finally came to an end against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday.
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The NHL announced multiple changes to the 2020-21 regular-season schedule, which included moving the Boston Bruins-Washington Capitals game at Capital One Arena from Sunday, April 11 to the day before.
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images As the realigned divisions are set and with the 2020-21 season just a day away, NoVa Caps wraps up with their division previews. Today, we look at the East Division:
Metropolitan Division teams made big changes this offseason, with several significant moves coming on defense. Last month, NoVa Caps looked at Metropolitan Division goalie tandems. Now, it’s time to examine the eight teams’ projected defenses for the 2020-21 NHL season and … Continue reading
Henrik Lundqvist Is Ready For The Next Phase: “The Desire To Win Is A Big Driving Force…I Feel Prepared”
Photo: AP Henrik Lundqvist is a man in transition. “The King” has been very busy over the last month, tending to matters necessary to facilitate his transition from Rangers blue to Capitals red.
Photo: Perry Nelson/Getty Images As a result of the revenue impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NHL salary cap will remain flat for the next three years. The unexpected cap constraint has impacted how companies have managed free agency. NoVa Caps … Continue reading
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images The NHL’s free agency period has seen a number of moves involving goalies, and many of those signings have come in the Metropolitan Division. Several teams have young netminders with bright futures ahead, some moved to … Continue reading
What has been rumored for the past couple weeks became reality on Wednesday when the New York Rangers announced they will buyout the remaining year of goaltender Henrik Lundqvist’s contract.
Photo: Chase Agnello-Dean/Getty Images Tuesday’s action in the Stanley Cup Qualifiers was action-packed with a series sweep and two teams tied their best-of-five series as we get into the midst of the round. Did you miss anything? NoVa Caps has … Continue reading
Photo: Dave Sandford/Getty Images Day three of the Stanley Cup Qualifiers had all of it: a hat-trick, a big third-period comeback, a playoff shootout, players kneeling during the national anthems — you name it. If you missed any of the … Continue reading