Search NoVa Caps Site
- Hershey Bears Name Matt Moulson 44th Captain In Team History
- Report: Damien Riat Recalled To Hershey
- Former Capital Joel Ward Serves As Golden Knights’ Assistant Coach vs. Blues With Peter DeBoer And Staff Out Due To COVID-19
- Capitals Crunch Islanders, 3-2; Justin Schultz Nets Game-Winner With 26.4 Seconds Left, John Carlson Extends Point-Streak To Four Games
- Daniel Sprong Scores His First Goal As A Washington Capital Against the New York Islanders
- Capitals-Islanders Tied 2-2 After Two Periods: Advanced Statistics For The Second Period
- Capitals-Islanders Tied 1-1: Advanced Statistics For First Period
- Capitals Recall Daniel Carr, Michael Sgarbossa From Taxi Squad; Loan Connor McMichael, Brian Pinho To Taxi Squad
- Capitals’ John Carlson On Missing Four Top Players: “I Think It Helps Them… It Gives Us A Lot Of Confidence”
- Coaching Clashes: Pierre-Luc Dubois The Latest In Coach-Player Saga in John Tortorella’s Time In Columbus
Tag Archives: Daniel Sprong
A week after recording his first point as a member of the Washington Capitals, forward Daniel Sprong lit the lamp for the first time in a Capitals sweater, in Tuesday night’s contest against the New York Islanders.
Sprung By Sprong: Daniel Sprong Records First Point As A Washington Capital On Evgeny Kuznetsov’s First Goal of the Season
Justin K. Aller/NHLI via Getty Images Acquired by the Washington Capitals in a trade for defenseman Christian Djoos last season, forward Daniel Sprong has gotten his first long look under new Head Coach Peter Laviolette in a pandemic-shortened 2020-21 season. … Continue reading
Daniel Sprong To Make Capitals’ Debut vs. Penguins, Conor Sheary Scratched Against Former Team; Ilya Samsonov In Net
Washington Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette announced that forward Daniel Sprong will get a chance and come into the lineup in favor of forward Conor Sheary against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday (12 PM ET, NBC).
After waiving nine players and making roster cuts on Monday, the Washington Capitals iced their expected lineup for when the team visits the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday (7 PM ET, NBC Sports Washington) at Tuesday’s practice.
The Washington Capitals were back to work Saturday morning at MedStar Capitals Iceplex following a day off on Friday. The team will hold one more scrimmage Sunday afternoon and then begin to finalize their opening night roster. The season opens … Continue reading
After the Washington Capitals‘ day off on Friday, head coach Peter Laviolette shook his team’s forwards lines up and gave goaltender Pheonix Copley a closer look. The team made no changes on defense.
Photo: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Washington Capitals forward Daniel Sprong told the media that “I feel pretty good. I felt [like] I was given some pretty good chances,” after the team’s first scrimmage of training camp on Thursday. He added that it … Continue reading
Photo: Bridgeport Sound Tigers Just a few short months ago, the Hershey Bears looked like they were a lock to field a Calder Cup caliber roster for the 2020-21 season. The projected roster was deep with scoring power on offense … Continue reading
Photo: Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports It’s assumed that Capitals general manager Brian MacLellan is continuing to work the phones, looking to shed salary, deal a defenseman and acquire a medium-caliber winger before the start of training camp.
Photo: Brad Mills-USA TODAY Sports The Washington Capitals made some big changes after their second consecutive first-round exit and allowing an average of 3.44 goals-per-game after December 22, the highest among teams that participated in the NHL’s return-to-play format. After … Continue reading