Search NoVa Caps Site
- “Ovechkin Immediately Proved His Greatness” – Former Washington Capitals Forward Tomas Fleischmann Talks Alex Ovechkin, Current Endeavors, the Premature End of His NHL Career and More
- Report: At Least Three Canadiens Players Test Positive For COVID-19 On Eve Of Phase Three
- For Shane Gersich, This Training Camp Will Be Critical For Continuing Capitals Career
- Washington Capitals Announce Roster for Phase 3 of NHL’s Return to Play Plan
- List Of Players That Have Chosen to ‘Opt-Out’ of 2020 NHL Playoffs
- Michal Kempny Details the Re-Entry Process for Capitals Players Returning From Europe
- NHL Announces Blackout On Injury Reporting To Maintain Player Privacy
- Former Capitals’ Defenseman Mike Green Opts Out Of 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs For Oilers
- Capitals Release Schedule For First Week Of Training Camp
- Nicklas Backstrom: “I Trust That We Have A Good Plan”
Category Archives: Playoffs
Photo: Sportsnet The Edmonton Oilers announced on Saturday that former Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green has opted out for the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs. He is now the third player to opt-out from the tournament after Calgary Flames defenseman Travis … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com According to TSN’s Frank Seravalli, “multiple” NHL players are considering opting out the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs, which is set to begin on Saturday, August 1 in Edmonton (for the Western Conference) and Toronto (Eastern).
Photo: Marriott Hotels The NHL released their hotel assignments in Edmonton (Western Conference) and Toronto (Eastern Conference) for the teams’ arrival on Sunday, July 26 for the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs, which is set to begin on Saturday, August 1.
Capitals’ Prospects Connor McMichael, Daniel Sprong, Shane Gersich, Phillipe Mailet Join Team’s Informal Skates Ahead Of Phase Three
Photo: @Capitals Washington Capitals forward prospects Connor McMichael, Phillippe Mailet, Shane Gersich, and Daniel Sprong, all expected to be black aces for the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs, joined the team’s informal practice on Thursday.
Photo: NBC Sports According to ESPN’s Greg Wyshynski, the NHL is planning to broadcast the best-of-five qualifying-round series and round-robin games “locally on regional networks.”
Photo: Sportsnet The NHL Players’ Association’s executive board has voted in favor of the newly proposed CBA. All of the players will now vote on it electronically during a 48-hour period from Wednesday to Friday.
NHL, Players’ Association Reach Agreement On Return To Play Plan, CBA Extension; Set Dates For Season Restart
Photo: NHLPA The National Hockey League (NHL) and National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) have reached a tentative agreement on a Return to Play Plan and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that adds an additional four years to the term of … Continue reading
Report: NHL, Players’ Association Finalize “Tentative Agreement” On Phases 3 & 4 Protocols But Still Working On CBA Extension
Photo: TSN According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the NHL and players’ association have finalized a “tentative agreement” on the phases three and four protocols of the league’s return-to-play plan but are still finalizing the details of the CBA extension, which … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images According to TSN, the NHL is targetting an August 1 start for the Stanley Cup play-ins and round-robin tournaments and scheduling phase two of the draft lottery just nine days later. Last week, a team that … Continue reading