Search NoVa Caps Site
- Who Is Craig Anderson? A Look At the Washington Capitals’ Newest Goaltender
- Changes To Defense, Tom Wilson Is Listed As “Day To Day” And Daniel Carr, Connor McMichael and Martin Fehervary Skate With Main Group: Saturday’s Practice Report
- Report: Blue Jackets Acquire Patrik Laine, Jack Roslovic From Jets For Pierre-Luc Dubois, Third-Round Pick
- Capitals Hold Off Sabres, 4-3, In Shootout; Jakub Vrana Gets Two Points
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson Leaves Third Period Against Sabres With Lower-Body Injury; Will Be Re-evaluated Saturday
- Sabres At Capitals: Second Period Advanced Stats
- Bruins’ Brad Marchand on Capitals’ COVID-19 Violation: “We All Know The Consequences Of Breaking The Rules…They Brought That On Themselves”
- Sabres At Capitals: First Period Advanced Stats
- Hershey Bears Release Roster For 2020-21 Training Camp
- Report: NBC To Shut Down NBCSN At End Of 2021; NHL Coverage To Shift To USA Network
Tag Archives: New York Islanders
Former Washington Capitals goaltender Semyon Varlamov is having a season to remember so fr in 2021. He started the season with a very impressive shutout streak that finally came to an end against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday.
Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Dmitry Orlov, Ilya Samsonov All Added To COVID-19 Protocol List
Photo: Instagram According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin, center Evgeny Kuznetsov, defenseman Dmitry Orlov, and goaltender Ilya Samsonov were all added to the NHL’s COVID-19-related absences list on Wednesday.
Islanders’ Semyon Varlamov Leaves Pregame Skate vs. Rangers After Taking Shot In Throat, Does Not Play
Screencap: MSG New York Islanders goaltender Semyon Varlamov left the team’s pregame skate prior to their 5-0 loss to the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night after taking a shot in the lower-helmet, upper-neck part of … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images As the realigned divisions are set and with the 2020-21 season just a day away, NoVa Caps wraps up with their division previews. Today, we look at the East Division:
New York Islanders Defenseman Johnny Boychuk’s Career Has Come To An End, Due To Eye Injury Suffered During 2019-20 Regular Season
The New York Islanders announced on Wednesday that defenseman Johnny Boychuk has officially retired due to an eye injury suffered during the 2019-20 regular season.
Metropolitan Division teams made big changes this offseason, with several significant moves coming on defense. Last month, NoVa Caps looked at Metropolitan Division goalie tandems. Now, it’s time to examine the eight teams’ projected defenses for the 2020-21 NHL season and … Continue reading
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images The New York Islanders’ new home is just over a year away from hosting hockey games. The UBS Arena at Belmont Park will be the home of the Islanders starting in November of 2021. The … Continue reading
Photo: Perry Nelson/Getty Images As a result of the revenue impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NHL salary cap will remain flat for the next three years. The unexpected cap constraint has impacted how companies have managed free agency. NoVa Caps … Continue reading
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images The NHL’s free agency period has seen a number of moves involving goalies, and many of those signings have come in the Metropolitan Division. Several teams have young netminders with bright futures ahead, some moved to … Continue reading
Photo: Newsday The New York Islanders announced on Monday afternoon that they traded defenseman Devon Toews to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for two second-round picks (2021, 2022). The 26-year-old is currently a restricted free agent.