Search NoVa Caps Site
- 2020 Stanley Cup Final Preview
- NHL Award Show to Air Monday, September 21 – Norris Trophy Winner Will Be Announced
- Washington Capitals Sign Daniel Sprong
- Marcus Johansson Is Looking Forward To Reuniting With Former Capitals’ Coach Dean Evason in Minnesota
- Capitals’ Prospect Daniel Sprong Pre-Selected For Dutch National Team
- Peter Laviolette Was Capitals’ Target To Become Next Head Coach After Todd Reirden Was Fired
- Former Capitals’ Head Coach Bruce Boudreau Was In The Mix – Latest On The Interviews For Capitals’ Head Coaching Position
- Palm Springs Changes Direction on New AHL Arena, Delays Opening By A Year; Seattle Kraken Will Likely Be Without AHL Affiliate For Inaugural Season
- Capitals Re-sign Brian Pinho
- Aliaksei Protas Fined For Contact With An Official In KHL Game
Tag Archives: Teams
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images By falling to the Philadelphia Flyers in their second round-robin tournament game by a score of 3-1 on Thursday, the Washington Capitals guaranteed that they can no longer finish higher than the third seed in the … Continue reading
Photo: Chris Johnston The 32nd team of the NHL finally unveiled their team name, which will be the Seattle Kraken and logo on Thursday. Their inaugural season will be in 2021-22.
Photo: Marriott Hotels The NHL released their hotel assignments in Edmonton (Western Conference) and Toronto (Eastern Conference) for the teams’ arrival on Sunday, July 26 for the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs, which is set to begin on Saturday, August 1.
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Across the Metropolitan Division, teams like the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins made moves last offseason to revamp their fourth-lines while the New York Islanders arguably already had the best fourth-line in the NHL. Fourth-lines are … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com Phase one of the 2020 NHL Draft Lottery occurred on Friday night as the top eight picks in one of the deepest drafts in years were announced. An unknown team (to be determined after the NHL play-in round) … Continue reading
Photo: NBCS According to The New York Post’s Larry Brooks, the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs will begin on July 30, and training camps will still open on July 10.
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images Due to the remainder of the 2019-2020 NHL regular season being cancelled as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, it is time to do the fourth and last quarterly assessment of the Washington Capitals’ 2019-20 season. In … Continue reading
2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Set With 24 Teams, Including 16-Team Play-In Round; Capitals Get Play-In Bye
Photo: NHL.com NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced on Tuesday that the 2019-20 regular-season is done and that the Stanley Cup Playoffs will begin with 24 teams, which he believes is the fairest format. He emphasized that health and safety of … Continue reading
Photo: Norm Hall/Getty Images After the first round of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs featured a whopping five upsets, just imagine the possibilities for this year with 24 teams and a play-in round for all teams ranked fifth through twelfth … Continue reading
Photo: Scott Audette/Getty Images According to Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, the NHL, GMs, and governors are talking about the eight teams that would earn byes from the play-in round playing three games against the other inter-conference teams to determine seeding for … Continue reading