Search NoVa Caps Site
- Artemi Panarin Scores Two Power-Play Goals, Rangers Down Depleted Capitals, 4-1
- Maple Leafs Fire Head Coach Mike Babcock
- A Close Game With The Rangers Looming: How Do These Teams Stack up When The Score Is Within a Goal
- Garnet Hathaway Suspended 3 Games
- Riley Sutter: “ I’ve Been Waiting For That Day For A While”
- Injuries And Recalls And Hathaway’s Hearing, Oh My!- News From Morning Skate
- Capitals Place Carl Hagelin On Long-Term IR, Nic Dowd On IR, Announce Nicklas Backstrom Will Miss Wednesday’s Game at Rangers With Upper-Body Injury
- Capitals Recall Beck Malenstyn, Mike Sgarbossa, Tyler Lewington and Ilya Samsonov From Hershey
- Wednesday Night Hockey Preview: Capitals Take On Rangers In The Big Apple
- Capitals’ Garnet Hathaway To Have Hearing For Spitting At Ducks’ Erik Gudbranson
Tag Archives: News
Photo: SN The Toronto Maple Leafs announced on late Wednesday afternoon that they have fired head coach Mike Babcock. Sheldon Keefe was named their new head coach.
Capitals Place Carl Hagelin On Long-Term IR, Nic Dowd On IR, Announce Nicklas Backstrom Will Miss Wednesday’s Game at Rangers With Upper-Body Injury
Photo: NHL via Getty Images The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday morning that they have placed forward Carl Hagelin on long-term injured reserve and center Nic Dowd on injured reserve. Both have missed the past six and three games, respectively, … Continue reading
Washington Capitals forward Garnet Hathaway will have a hearing Wednesday morning for spitting at Anaheim Ducks defenseman Erik Gudbranson during the brawl late in the second period of the Capitals’ 5-2 win against the Ducks on Monday night.
Photo: The Globe and Mail Calgary Flames defenseman T.J. Brodie was sent to a hospital after being taken off of the ice on a stretcher during the team’s practice on Thursday and is now alert and responsive. He collapsed during … Continue reading
Penguins Announce Sidney Crosby Will Miss At Least Six Weeks After Undergoing Surgery To Repair Core Muscle Injury
Photo: Sportsnet The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Thursday that captain Sidney Crosby will miss at least six weeks, meaning he will be out through the NHL’s holiday break (18 games), after having a successful procedure to repair his core muscle. … Continue reading
Forward Carl Hagelin, who has missed the past two games with an upper-body injury and is labeled as day-to-day, will not travel with the Washington Capitals for their game at the Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday night (7:30 PM ET, NBCSN). … Continue reading
Photo: Knights On Ice Just because one streak ended for the Washington Capitals in their 4-3 shootout loss to the Arizona Coyotes on Monday doesn’t mean others came to a halt either. The Capitals’ extended their point streak to 12 … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals announced on Monday that they sent defenseman Tyler Lewington to the AHL’s Hershey Bears after he cleared waivers on Monday. The move clears cap space to accommodate forward Richard Panik, who will return against the Arizona Coyotes on … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals reportedly sent defenseman Tyler Lewington to the AHL’s Hershey Bears on Sunday, according to the Associated Press’ Stephen Whyno. The move clears cap space to accommodate forward Richard Panik, who is eligible to be activated off of … Continue reading
Photo: CBC Sportsnet has apologized after hockey commentator Don Cherry complained on CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada Broadcast that he rarely sees people he believes are immigrants wearing poppies ahead of Remembrance Day, which sparked controversy among NHL fans.