Search NoVa Caps Site
- Eastern Conference Play-In Preview
- 25,000-30,000 Coronavirus Tests Would Cost the NHL “Millions of Dollars” for Daily Testing
- Alex Ovechkin Welcomes Second Son, Ilya Alexandrovich!
- Opening Odds for All First-Round Playoff Matchups
- Nine on the Line: Could Potential Statistics in the Qualifying Round Jeopardize Ovechkin’s Chance for Ninth Rocket Richard Trophy?
- Ilya Kovalchuk Is Feeling Good And Ready For A Run In Washington
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Set With 24 Teams, Including 16-Team Play-In Round; Capitals Get Play-In Bye
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson on 24-Team Format: “It’s Almost Impossible To Get Every Single Guy Across The League On The Same Page”
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to Make Formal Announcement at 4:30 PM ET on Return to Play Plan for 2019-20 NHL Season
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy Announces Sports Teams in the State Can Begin Training Camps
Tag Archives: News
2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Set With 24 Teams, Including 16-Team Play-In Round; Capitals Get Play-In Bye
Photo: NHL.com NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced on Tuesday that the 2019-20 regular-season is done and that the Stanley Cup Playoffs will begin with 24 teams, which he believes is the fairest format. He emphasized that health and safety of … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com According to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie, the NHL Draft Lottery will be held on June 26. No date has been set for the 2020 NHL Draft, which will be held online, yet.
The NHL will allow players to use team facilities in early June, according to The Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta. The exact date players can begin is still to be determined. This would start the NHL’s phase two towards resuming the … Continue reading
Photo: Canoe The executive committee vote by each NHL team is expected to result in an approval of the NHL plans to go straight to the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs with a 16-team play-in round by the players association, according … Continue reading
Photo: Scott Audette/Getty Images According to Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, the NHL, GMs, and governors are talking about the eight teams that would earn byes from the play-in round playing three games against the other inter-conference teams to determine seeding for … Continue reading
Report: NHL, Players Association Continue To Work On 24-Team Stanley Cup Playoff Format; Play-In Round Would Be A Best-Of-Five
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images The NHL’s Return to Play Committee met once again on Wednesday and sources have told Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman that the league and NHLPA are working on a 24-team “conference-based” Stanley Cup Playoff format.
NHL Optimistic That Extended United States-Canada Border Closure Won’t Push Season Restart Back Any Later
Photo: CTV News Despite the border between the United States and Canada’s closure to non-essential travel being extended through June 21, the NHL is still “hopeful” that it won’t “materially affect the resumption of play timelines we are currently contemplating,” … Continue reading
Photo: LVRJ According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the NHL is discussing playing the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs in two cities instead of four, which is a possibility that is generating some buzz while teams are talking.
Photo: Zak Krill/Getty Images If the NHL goes to a 24-team Stanley Cup Playoff round, which is looking likely at the moment, the top two teams in each division would likely get a bye in the play-in round. But would … Continue reading
Photo: Canoe.com Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk told Fan 590 in Toronto on Sunday that he is “100 percent” confident that a 2020 Stanley Cup Champion will be crowned and that there would be a full 2020-21 NHL season, according … Continue reading