Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
- Pierre McGuire Now Offering Personalized Video Messages For Purchase
- AHL, Genius Sports Group Form Partnership To Bring Betting To AHL
Tag Archives: News
Photo by Brian Babineau/NHLI via Getty Images According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman, at least four NHL teams (reportedly the Anaheim Ducks, Boston Bruins, Los Angeles Kings, and Pittsburgh Penguins) are currently considering playing their home games for the 2020-21 season … Continue reading
Report: Player On NHLPA’s Return-To-Play Committee Thinks 2020-21 Season Will Start Between January 20 And February 1
Photo: Mark Blinch/Getty Images According to The Athletic’s Pierre LeBrun, the 16-player return-to-play committee is scheduled to meet on Tuesday and one source on it told LeBrun that he thinks the 2020-21 NHL season will kick off sometime between Wednesday, … Continue reading
Danielle Barr/CBC Battle of the Blades is a Canadian reality show where eight pairs of skaters (each consisting of a hockey player and a figure skater) compete against one another, with the prize money of $100,000 being donated to the … Continue reading
Photo: Capitals The Henderson Silver Knights, the AHL affiliate of the Vegas Golden Knights, announced on Monday that they have hired former Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward and defenseman Jamie Heward to be an assistant coach with the team.
Photo: @Capitals According to The Star’s Kevin McGran, it appears increasingly likely that NHL teams will play the 2020-21 season in their home arenas (without fans to start). However, the league is looking at all options and in contact communication … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images On Tuesday, NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly sent a memo to each team stating that negotiations with the players’ association are continuing and that the NHL is hopeful that they will make a recommendation regarding … Continue reading
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images According to ESPN’s Emily Kaplan, the 2020-21 NHL regular season will be no longer than 48 games for each team, the same number each team played during the 2012-13 lockout season.
Photo: The Arizona Republic The Arizona Coyotes announced on Thursday afternoon that they have renounced the rights of their fourth-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft, forward Mitchell Miller, after it leaked that he bullied a black, mentally disabled teen … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday night that they have re-signed defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler to a one-year contract worth $800,000 contract. The 23-year-old became a restricted free agent on October 9.
Capitals Name Kevin McCarthy Assistant Coach; Blaine Forsythe, Scott Arniel Will Remain On Peter Laviolette’s Staff
Photo: AP Photo/Mark Humphrey The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday afternoon that Kevin McCarthy will join head coach Peter Laviolette’s coaching staff as an assistant to help the defense. The team also announced that assistants Blaine Forsythe and Scott Arniel, … Continue reading