Search NoVa Caps Site
- Postgame Analytics: Capitals Fall to Lightning 3-2 in the Shootout
- Capitals Fall To Lightning 3-2 (SO) In First Round Robin Game For Seeding
- Capitals’ Richard Panik Scores First Career Playoff Goal During Round-Robin Opener Against Lightning
- Capitals’ T.J. Oshie Drops the Gloves With Lightning’s Yanni Gourde During Round-Robin Opener
- Capitals’ John Carlson to Miss Monday’s Round-Robin Opener Against Lighting
- No NHL Players Have Tested Positive For COVID-19 Since Entering the Toronto and Edmonton Bubbles Last Week
- Capitals’ John Carlson Will Be Game-Time Decision For Round-Robin Opener vs. Lightning
- Brenden Dillon and MSE Foundation Donate 10,000 Face Masks Across MedStar Health, DC Central Kitchen and Martha’s Table
- Everything You Need To Know And See From Day Two Of The Stanley Cup Qualifiers
- “It’ll Hopefully Be A Long Run For Us”: Evgeny Kuznetsov and Jonas Siegenthaler Speak to the Media Before the Start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs
Tag Archives: Boston Bruins
Photo: Getty Images Like the first day of the Stanley Cup Qualifiers, the second was surprising and perhaps even more so than the first as all five underdogs won in Sunday’s games. Did you miss any of it? NoVa Caps … Continue reading
Bob DeChiara-USA TODAY Sports NEW YORK (July 20, 2020) – The National Hockey League today announced a schedule change for two games in the Eastern Conference Round Robin of the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers:
Photo: St. Louis Game Time St. Louis Blues center Ryan O’Reilly, Philadelphia Flyers center Sean Couturier, and Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron were nominated for the Selke Trophy on Monday. The award is given to the league’s best defensive forward.
Jets’ Connor Hellebuyck, Lightning’s Andrei Vasilevskiy, Bruins’ Tuukka Rask Nominated For Vezina Trophy
Photo: THN The NHL announced on Friday that Winnipeg Jets goaltender Connor Hellebuyck, Tampa Bay Lightning goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy, and Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask are the nominees for the Vezina Trophy, the league’s best goaltender throughout the regular season.
Photo: Joe Sargent/Getty Images It may feel like years ago but just two and a half weeks before the NHL paused its season due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, the 2019-20 trade deadline passed. A lot more moves took place … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images Earlier this week, we took a look at how the Washington Capitals matched up against their three round-robin opponents offensively, defensively, between the pipes, and in special teams. NoVa Caps takes an even deeper look at … Continue reading
Photo: MSN While testing their players for the coronavirus, the Boston Bruins were advised that one of their players tested positive, the team announced on Friday morning. The player, who is still asymptomatic, went through two more tests and both … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images While most teams will give all they have in a best-of-five qualifying round series to make the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs, eight teams, including the Washington Capitals, will play a three-game round-robin against the other top … Continue reading
Nine on the Line: Could Potential Statistics in the Qualifying Round Jeopardize Ovechkin’s Chance for Ninth Rocket Richard Trophy?
Over the last few hours, we’ve been on NHL overload as the league unveiled the Return To Play Plan. Commissioner Gary Bettman announced the 2019-20 regular season is done with and the focus is geared towards the phases and formats … Continue reading