Search NoVa Caps Site
- ESPN’s Max Kellerman Draws Fire For “No One Really Cares About Hockey” Comment
- ‘The Athletic’ Lays Off 8% of Staff
- Capitals’ Braden Holtby on NHL’s Lack of Speaking Up About Social & Racial Issues: “We’re Obviously Behind As A Sport”
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
Tag Archives: 2016-2017 Schedule
The first round series is set. The Capitals will face the Toronto Maple Leafs, beginning this Thursday at Verizon Center. The first round schedule:
Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports It’s hard to believe that the 2016-2017 NHL regular season draws to a close on Sunday. Fortunately for the Caps faithful, the Caps are heading to post season play while 14 other teams start dusting off … Continue reading
This may come as a bit of a surprise to some, but should the Capitals win their final two games this season, Washington would exactly match last season’s record of 56-18-8 (120 points). So what’s different between the two seasons? … Continue reading
Nick Wass/Associated Press The Washington Capitals have had a relatively easy time this season when it comes to holding on to their spot at the top of the Metropolitan Division, being one of the NHL’s best teams throughout the 2016-17 … Continue reading
The 2016-17 edition of the Washington Capitals has varied in performance, but the common denominator throughout the year is winning. Here are insights into how the second half of the season has unfolded, and what we should expect in the regular season games that … Continue reading
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images The Capitals are about to start playing hockey once again. Thanks to the new bye week that the NHL and NHLPA implemented, it’s been about a week since Washington’s team has hit the … Continue reading
The Capitals are beginning to wrap-up their league-required bye-week this week, and will “re-enter” the race to the regular-season finish line on Saturday. But with just 26 games remaining, getting back to winning ways may not be so easy.
Simon Bruty for Sports Illustrated This is the second of several musings during the capitals current bye-week. The first article discussed Coach Trotz’s midas touch, including his key effort to get Caps players to always embrace a “defense first”, and … Continue reading
This season’s NHL schedule may be the craziest of all time. The implementation of new features such as the “compressed schedule” and the “bye-week”, coupled with typical NHL scheduling insanity, has resulted in a schedule that’s left many wondering if … Continue reading