Search NoVa Caps Site
- Hershey Bears Announce Preliminary Training Camp Roster; Set to Open Camp On Monday
- Washington Capitals’ Day 9 Training Camp Roundup: Washington Puts Projected Opening Night Roster On The Ice On Sunday
- Alexander Alexeyev Off To Fast Start In Red Deer
- Philipp Grubauer Shelled For Seven Goals in Avalanche Debut
- Saturday Was Family Skate Day For the Carlsons and Oshies at Medstar Capital Iceplex
- Washington Capitals Make Second Round Of Roster Cuts on Saturday
- Capitals Release 2018-19 Media Guide
- Howard “H.T.” Lenz’ Day With the Stanley Cup
- Capitals Prospect Report Cards: Game 4 Vs. Carolina Hurricanes
- Hurricanes Storm Past Capitals, 5-1; Washington Falls To 0-3-1 In Preseason
Tag Archives: Tim Foisie
CSN’s Capitals pregame show, which aired before Sunday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets, aired a clip of an interview by Jill Sorensen with Head Coach Barry Trotz. In it, Trotz made a direct appeal to Caps fans: Don’t be nervous, … Continue reading
Photo: Jeanine Leech/Icon Sportswire All in all, it’s been a great year for Lars Eller, Andre Burakovsky and Brett Connolly, and they’ve contributed in ways that don’t always include scoring. But I would still like to see their production back closer … Continue reading
The Capitals battle the Columbus Blue Jackets Sunday, April 2, at Nationwide Arena; 6 p.m. puck drop is on CSN+. A preview of this Metropolitan division showdown follows.
Photo by Norm Hall/NHLI via Getty Images After Friday night’s results, the Capitals essentially need three regulation or overtime wins (a.k.a. ROW) out of the final five games to virtually guarantee home ice advantage throughout the playoffs. The following provides … Continue reading
Nick Wass/Expressen.se Although he doesn’t go by this name, Mr. Assist for the Washington Capitals is Nicklas Backstrom; the Swedish-born center has done it more than any other Capital and at a rate that’s 15th best in NHL history, specifically … Continue reading
As one would expect, game outcomes are becoming more hotly contested around the NHL as the regular season grows older. Numerous players on all 30 teams are stepping up at the right moments. The Capitals’ impactful player has been left-handed defenseman Dmitry Orlov. … Continue reading
Photos: Washington Capitals As you can see, the Will Over Skill robe is not a fashion statement unless the Capitals are outfitting Santa’s wardrobe on the side. They adopted the Will over Skill slogan at the beginning of this season. … Continue reading
Above: Daniel Winnik at Kettler Capitals Iceplex practice. A month ago, NoVa Caps’ Michael Fleetwood did this excellent profile on Daniel Winnik. Here are some more tidbits on the Capitals left winger.
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images This article is updated to reflect results through March 30th. The table below summarizes the status of tie-breakers for home ice advantage throughout the playoffs from a Washington Capitals perspective.