Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: Alex Ovechkin Supports Idea Of Russian Heritage Night At Capital One Arena
- Washington Capitals First Round Picks Derailed by Injuries
- Report: NHL’s Rumored “Reverse Retro” (Fourth Jersey) Series For Next Season Is Gaining Momentum
- Voice of Hockey Mike “Doc” Emrick Announces Retirement
- A Workload of Highlights: Notable Moments From Braden Holtby’s Career With the Washington Capitals
- Henrik Lundqvist And Family Come to Washington
- Capitals’ Prospect Bogdan Trineyev Missed His Name Being Called In NHL Draft Due To Brief Television Outage
- Penguins Sign Cody Ceci To One-Year, $1.25 Million Contract
- Capitals Doing Well To Avoid ‘Scary’ Contracts List (So Far)
- Michal Kempny Is Preparing For Another Lengthy Rehab And The Birth Of His First Child In January
Tag Archives: Tim Foisie
CSN’s Capitals pregame show, which aired before Sunday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets, aired a clip of an interview by Jill Sorensen with Head Coach Barry Trotz. In it, Trotz made a direct appeal to Caps fans: Don’t be nervous, … Continue reading
Photo: Jeanine Leech/Icon Sportswire All in all, it’s been a great year for Lars Eller, Andre Burakovsky and Brett Connolly, and they’ve contributed in ways that don’t always include scoring. But I would still like to see their production back closer … Continue reading
The Capitals battle the Columbus Blue Jackets Sunday, April 2, at Nationwide Arena; 6 p.m. puck drop is on CSN+. A preview of this Metropolitan division showdown follows.
Photo by Norm Hall/NHLI via Getty Images After Friday night’s results, the Capitals essentially need three regulation or overtime wins (a.k.a. ROW) out of the final five games to virtually guarantee home ice advantage throughout the playoffs. The following provides … Continue reading
Nick Wass/Expressen.se Although he doesn’t go by this name, Mr. Assist for the Washington Capitals is Nicklas Backstrom; the Swedish-born center has done it more than any other Capital and at a rate that’s 15th best in NHL history, specifically … Continue reading
As one would expect, game outcomes are becoming more hotly contested around the NHL as the regular season grows older. Numerous players on all 30 teams are stepping up at the right moments. The Capitals’ impactful player has been left-handed defenseman Dmitry Orlov. … Continue reading
Photos: Washington Capitals As you can see, the Will Over Skill robe is not a fashion statement unless the Capitals are outfitting Santa’s wardrobe on the side. They adopted the Will over Skill slogan at the beginning of this season. … Continue reading
Above: Daniel Winnik at Kettler Capitals Iceplex practice. A month ago, NoVa Caps’ Michael Fleetwood did this excellent profile on Daniel Winnik. Here are some more tidbits on the Capitals left winger.
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images This article is updated to reflect results through March 30th. The table below summarizes the status of tie-breakers for home ice advantage throughout the playoffs from a Washington Capitals perspective.