Search NoVa Caps Site
- Western Conference Play-In Preview
- Capitals’ GM Brian MacLellan Says Prospect Connor McMichael May Be Brought Up for Playoffs
- Martin Fehervary Will Travel to Prague Next Week to Train With Jakub Vrana, Will Be Capitals 7th or 8th Defenseman When Play Resumes
- Carolina Hurricanes Unhappiness With League’s 24-Team Playoff Format Continues
- Vegas Golden Knights Announce New AHL Affiliate Name and Logo
- Capitals’ Prospect Connor McMichael: “We Had A Really Good Team This Year. It Sucked We Didn’t Get To Cap It Off.”
- Report: Phase 3, Training Camps Will Not Start Before July 10
- Have an Ice Day! The Ice Installation & Painting Process at Medstar Capitals Iceplex
- Mountains of Milestones: Washington Capitals Career Milestones Reached in 2019-2020
- Canadian Cities Make Plea to Canadian Prime Minister to Relax Travel Restrictions For NHL’s Hub City Requirements
Tag Archives: 2016-2017 Season
As we do each and every year in the weeks leading up to Capitals training camp, NoVa Caps is preparing key “player previews” for the coming season. Today our annual player previews continue with Tom Wilson.
The Capitals will hold their annual end-of-season “break down day” on Friday. In addition to holding final meetings and player physicals, all Capitals players are scheduled to participate in their final media interviews.
This may come as a bit of a surprise to some, but should the Capitals win their final two games this season, Washington would exactly match last season’s record of 56-18-8 (120 points). So what’s different between the two seasons? … Continue reading
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images With 58 games officially in the books, final scoring totals are starting to take shape for each of the players on the Capitals team. So what will the final totals look like? We take a look … Continue reading
There’s no question the Capitals are experiencing a resurgence in their season. After a sluggish start, the Capitals have turned things around, and are now playing the best hockey in the NHL. How did this happen so abruptly? We decided … Continue reading
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images There is no such thing as peaking too early. Let’s just get that out of the way. That’s a phrase, however, that is very popular around the Washington Capitals right now.
Now that the Capitals have completed the first 30 games of the season, and the Caps are on a mini-break until Wednesday in Philadelphia, I thought it would be a good time to take a look at the status of … Continue reading
The NHL Needs to Ditch the Fan Vote for the All-Star Game. How Can they Change the Voting System? Continue reading
Las Vegas oddsmakers have set the over/under for points totals for each of the NHL teams for the 2016-2017 season, with the exception of the Dallas Stars, who are “off the board” until more information is known about the severity … Continue reading