Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL Standings Outlook – In the Late April Home Stretch
- Marcel Dionne To Alex Ovechkin: “ I’ll Put On A Washington Capitals Hat In Your Honor”
- Former Capital Braden Holtby Makes 37 Saves, Including Spinning Kick Out, In Canucks’ First Game Back From COVID-19 Pause
- Optimization: A Look At The Capitals’ Defensemen And Optimizing The Pairings
- Capitals Fall To Bruins, 6-3
- Capitals’ Garnet Hathaway Given Game Misconduct For Boarding Bruins’ Jarred Tinordi
- Anthony Mantha Becomes First Player To Score A Goal In Each Of His First Four Games With Capitals
- Final Musings On The Trade Of Jakub Vrana
- Report: Jersey Advertisements Could Arrive In NHL As Soon As 2022-23 Season
- John Carlson Gets First Career Four-Assist Game In Capitals’ 6-3 Win Over Flyers
Tag Archives: 2016-2017 Season
As we do each and every year in the weeks leading up to Capitals training camp, NoVa Caps is preparing key “player previews” for the coming season. Today our annual player previews continue with Tom Wilson.
The Capitals will hold their annual end-of-season “break down day” on Friday. In addition to holding final meetings and player physicals, all Capitals players are scheduled to participate in their final media interviews.
This may come as a bit of a surprise to some, but should the Capitals win their final two games this season, Washington would exactly match last season’s record of 56-18-8 (120 points). So what’s different between the two seasons? … Continue reading
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images With 58 games officially in the books, final scoring totals are starting to take shape for each of the players on the Capitals team. So what will the final totals look like? We take a look … Continue reading
There’s no question the Capitals are experiencing a resurgence in their season. After a sluggish start, the Capitals have turned things around, and are now playing the best hockey in the NHL. How did this happen so abruptly? We decided … Continue reading
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images There is no such thing as peaking too early. Let’s just get that out of the way. That’s a phrase, however, that is very popular around the Washington Capitals right now.
Now that the Capitals have completed the first 30 games of the season, and the Caps are on a mini-break until Wednesday in Philadelphia, I thought it would be a good time to take a look at the status of … Continue reading
The NHL Needs to Ditch the Fan Vote for the All-Star Game. How Can they Change the Voting System? Continue reading
Las Vegas oddsmakers have set the over/under for points totals for each of the NHL teams for the 2016-2017 season, with the exception of the Dallas Stars, who are “off the board” until more information is known about the severity … Continue reading