Search NoVa Caps Site
- Eastern Conference Play-In Preview
- 25,000-30,000 Coronavirus Tests Would Cost the NHL “Millions of Dollars” for Daily Testing
- Alex Ovechkin Welcomes Second Son, Ilya Alexandrovich!
- Opening Odds for All First-Round Playoff Matchups
- Nine on the Line: Could Potential Statistics in the Qualifying Round Jeopardize Ovechkin’s Chance for Ninth Rocket Richard Trophy?
- Ilya Kovalchuk Is Feeling Good And Ready For A Run In Washington
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Set With 24 Teams, Including 16-Team Play-In Round; Capitals Get Play-In Bye
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson on 24-Team Format: “It’s Almost Impossible To Get Every Single Guy Across The League On The Same Page”
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to Make Formal Announcement at 4:30 PM ET on Return to Play Plan for 2019-20 NHL Season
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy Announces Sports Teams in the State Can Begin Training Camps
Tag Archives: NHLPA
Photo: Canoe The executive committee vote by each NHL team is expected to result in an approval of the NHL plans to go straight to the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs with a 16-team play-in round by the players association, according … Continue reading
Photo: Scott Audette/Getty Images According to Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, the NHL, GMs, and governors are talking about the eight teams that would earn byes from the play-in round playing three games against the other inter-conference teams to determine seeding for … Continue reading
Report: NHL, Players Association Continue To Work On 24-Team Stanley Cup Playoff Format; Play-In Round Would Be A Best-Of-Five
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images The NHL’s Return to Play Committee met once again on Wednesday and sources have told Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman that the league and NHLPA are working on a 24-team “conference-based” Stanley Cup Playoff format.
Photo: LVRJ According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the NHL is discussing playing the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs in two cities instead of four, which is a possibility that is generating some buzz while teams are talking.
Photo: Canoe.com Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk told Fan 590 in Toronto on Sunday that he is “100 percent” confident that a 2020 Stanley Cup Champion will be crowned and that there would be a full 2020-21 NHL season, according … Continue reading
The NHL Board of Governors talked for around 105 minutes on Monday to discuss the idea of holding the 2020 NHL Draft in early June. The infectious disease consultant was on the call as has been the case on every … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images According to The Athletic’s Pierre LeBrun, the NHL Board of Governors were not ready to announce anything regarding the 2020 NHL Draft, which will be held virtually and could occur before the 2019-20 season resumes, … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images The NHL may be pivoting away from the possibility of playing the remainder of the 2019-20 regular season in four centralized spots, and is now looking into playing games in each team’s host city, according to … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The second phase for the NHL to resume the 2019-20 season, which involves players skating in small groups, may not be mandatory, the TSN panel discussed on Thursday. However, there is no guarantee that players will … Continue reading
NEW YORK/TORONTO (April 29, 2020) – Following the NHL/NHLPA Return to Play Committee’s meeting today, and in line with guidance provided by medical experts and national and local authorities, the NHLPA and the NHL issued the following statement regarding the … Continue reading