Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
- Pierre McGuire Now Offering Personalized Video Messages For Purchase
- AHL, Genius Sports Group Form Partnership To Bring Betting To AHL
Tag Archives: Injury
After the Washington Capitals re-signed defenseman Brenden Dillon to a four-year contract before he could have hit the unrestricted free agent market, the team has four left-handed defensemen on one-way contracts: Dillon, Dmitry Orlov, Jonas Siegenthaler, and Michal Kempny. In … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday evening that defenseman Michal Kempny will miss 6-8 months after undergoing surgery on his Achilles tendon. That would put him on track to return sometime in between April and June 2021.
Photo: Winslow Townson/AP Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden announced that defenseman John Carlson will not play in the team’s final round-robin game due to an undisclosed injury and that center Nicklas Backstrom will be a game-time decision.
Photo: Yahoo Canada Sports The Toronto Maple Leafs announced after their 3-0 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game 2 of their qualifying round series that defenseman Jake Muzzin, who left the late in the game on a stretcher … Continue reading
Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden told the media before the team’s round-robin opener against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday (4 PM ET, NBCSN nationally, NBC Sports Washington locally) that defenseman John Carlson will be a game-time decision.
Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden told the media on Thursday that the hope is that defenseman John Carlson will return to practice on Saturday after he missed Thursday’s practice. The team is scheduled to take Friday off.
Photo: THN Defenseman John Carlson left the Washington Capitals’ exhibition game against the Carolina Hurricanes after crashing into the boards in the third period with a Hurricanes skater. He missed over half of the period. His legs got tangled in … Continue reading
Capitals’ Ilya Samsonov Sustained An Injury, Will Not Travel to Toronto, Expected To Be Ready For 2020-21 Season
Photo: @Capitals According to the Washington Capitals, goaltender Ilya Samsonov sustained an injury prior to the training camp and will not travel with the team to Toronto for the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs on Sunday. He will remain in the … Continue reading
Washington Capitals defenseman Michal Kempny told the media on Saturday that the NHL pause “[has] been great” and that he enjoyed “great time[s]” with family and friends at home in the Czech Republic. He also prepared for the season’s resumption … Continue reading
Flyers Lose James Van Riemsdyk For 4-6 Weeks Due To Hand Injury, Hurricanes Lose Brett Pesce 4-6 Months After Right Shoulder Surgery
Photo: NBCS Philadelphia Thursday delivered some bad news for two Metropolitan Division teams on the injury front as the Philadelphia Flyers announced forward James Van Riemsdyk will miss 4-6 weeks (the remainder of the regular season) after suffering a hand … Continue reading