Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Down Penguins, 5-2; Nicklas Backstrom Scores 9th Goal Of The Season
- How Swede is It: Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom Scores Team-Leading Ninth Goal of the Season
- Capitals’ Nic Dowd Says Michael Peca Has Helped “A Lot” With Faceoffs
- Laviolette Changes Capitals’ Lines And Power Play Unit; Vanecek Will Start Tonight: News From Morning Skate
- Herald, The Henderson Town Crier, Announces Goals For Silver Knights
- Historic Clinching: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals at Calgary Flames – February 24, 1983
- Bears Fall To Penguins, 4-2; Ilya Samsonov Stops 15 of 19 Shots
- Thursday’s Golden Knights-Sharks Game In San Jose Postponed After Tomas Hertl Enters COVID-19 Protocol
- Canadiens Fire Head Coach Claude Julien, Associate Kirk Muller; Give Dominique Ducharme Job On Interim Basis
- Capitals Hold Optional Skate On Wednesday
Tag Archives: Injury
Islanders’ Semyon Varlamov Leaves Pregame Skate vs. Rangers After Taking Shot In Throat, Does Not Play
Screencap: MSG New York Islanders goaltender Semyon Varlamov left the team’s pregame skate prior to their 5-0 loss to the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night after taking a shot in the lower-helmet, upper-neck part of … Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet The Chicago Blackhawks announced on Tuesday morning that captain Jonathan Toews will be out indefinitely with a medical issue.
The Washington Capitals announced on Saturday that Capitals forward prospect Beck Malenstyn will miss six-to-eight months after undergoing surgery to repair an Achilles tendon. He sustained the injury while training in Vancouver.
After the Washington Capitals re-signed defenseman Brenden Dillon to a four-year contract before he could have hit the unrestricted free agent market, the team has four left-handed defensemen on one-way contracts: Dillon, Dmitry Orlov, Jonas Siegenthaler, and Michal Kempny. In … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday evening that defenseman Michal Kempny will miss 6-8 months after undergoing surgery on his Achilles tendon. That would put him on track to return sometime in between April and June 2021.
Photo: Winslow Townson/AP Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden announced that defenseman John Carlson will not play in the team’s final round-robin game due to an undisclosed injury and that center Nicklas Backstrom will be a game-time decision.
Photo: Yahoo Canada Sports The Toronto Maple Leafs announced after their 3-0 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game 2 of their qualifying round series that defenseman Jake Muzzin, who left the late in the game on a stretcher … Continue reading
Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden told the media before the team’s round-robin opener against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday (4 PM ET, NBCSN nationally, NBC Sports Washington locally) that defenseman John Carlson will be a game-time decision.
Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden told the media on Thursday that the hope is that defenseman John Carlson will return to practice on Saturday after he missed Thursday’s practice. The team is scheduled to take Friday off.
Photo: THN Defenseman John Carlson left the Washington Capitals’ exhibition game against the Carolina Hurricanes after crashing into the boards in the third period with a Hurricanes skater. He missed over half of the period. His legs got tangled in … Continue reading