Photo: Tony Powell
Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie and his brand, WARROAD, will be presenting the Super Service Challenge (SSC) Broomball Tournament on Wednesday, February 5. The event will take place at Medstar Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, VA from 11:30 AM to 4:00 P.M. ET. Oshie is a big supporter of the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) and the tournament will raise money for the foundation.
After the Capitals won the Stanley Cup back in 2018, Oshie gave an emotional interview talking about his father, Tim’s battle with Alzheimer’s. “This one will stick with him forever. You can guarantee that,” Oshie said.
He was also honored by The ADDF in May 2019 for his support and awareness.
Thank you, @TJOshie77, for your tireless support for #Alzheimers awareness and research. The ADDF honored him today at the #GreatLadies Luncheon in DC. #2019GreatLadies @Capitals 🏒 pic.twitter.com/T3tLBxtiQ1
— Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (@TheADDF) May 1, 2019
The @Capitals @TJOshie77 was honored by @TheADDF today for his support of Alzheimer’s awareness and research. The award is special for Oshie, who’s father Tim has Alzheimer’s #Capitals #ALLCAPS @nbcwashington @SherreeBurruss @lindsayczarniak pic.twitter.com/ol2E70sU0v
— NBC4 Sports (@NBC4Sports) May 1, 2019
Oshie has participated in several events to fight Alzheimer’s such as The Longest Day campaign, hosting raffles, and taking part in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
Additional Event Information:
This is a fun event for a great cause! All different players are welcome but players must be 18 years old or older. If you are a spectator, just bring yourself and a camera! If you are a player, be sure to review the following list of equipment and attire (more details will be sent after you register)
- We will supply brooms, a ball, and goals but helmets must be supplied by the player.
- Helmets are optional but recommended. Any skiing or biking helmet will suffice.
- Rubber-soled non-marking tennis or basketball type shoes suitable for running on ice are recommended. No skates, spikes, cleats, heavy boots, street shoes, or similar footwear is allowed.
- Gloves, shin pads, elbow pads, and mouthpieces are optional but recommended.
- If goalies are allowed, then pads/leggings are not allowed. Hand protection is limited to the use of mittens or gloves. Softball gloves can be used by goalies; however, no ice hockey goalie gloves can be used.
- No jewelry will be allowed. Uniforms/pennies will be provided.
Visit the event website for registration details.
By Della Young
View this post on Instagram
We are excited to announce our upcoming broomball fundraiser with @tjoshie7 on February 5! Anyone interested can register to play or watch and all proceeds will go to the #ADDF. Link in bio. . . . #hockey #washingtondc #washingtoncapitals #washingtoncaps #nhl #nhlallstar #nhlallstargame #broomball #alzheimers #alzheimersawareness #alzheimerssucks #alzheimersdisease #alzdiscovery #tjoshie #fundraiser #nonprofit #allcaps #washcaps
Pingback: A Look Back At The Capitals’ 2017 Expansion Draft Protection List | NoVa Caps
Wish it were free to view