Search NoVa Caps Site
- New Sportsbook Business ‘Handle19’ Forges Ahead With Plans To Open In DC This Fall, Despite COVID-19 Pandemic
- Report: NHL Teams Preparing To Start Phase Two Late Next Week
- How Will NHL Officiating Be Impacted Without Fans In Attendance?
- Numbers for the 2019-2020 NHL Regular Season
- Western Conference Play-In Preview
- Capitals’ GM Brian MacLellan Says Prospect Connor McMichael May Be Brought Up for Playoffs
- Martin Fehervary Will Travel to Prague Next Week to Train With Jakub Vrana, Will Be Capitals 7th or 8th Defenseman When Play Resumes
- Carolina Hurricanes Unhappiness With League’s 24-Team Playoff Format Continues
- Vegas Golden Knights Announce New AHL Affiliate Name and Logo
- Capitals’ Prospect Connor McMichael: “We Had A Really Good Team This Year. It Sucked We Didn’t Get To Cap It Off.”
Author Archives: Della Young
Photo: NHL.com Washington Capitals‘ senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan was on a conference call with the media on Friday afternoon discussing Phase 2 and the NHL’s Return to Play Plan.
According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, NHL players were informed on Thursday that Phase 3, which includes formal training camps, will not start before July 10.
Screencap: @medstarcapitalsiceplex/IG In early June, it is expected that NHL teams will be permitted to return to home facilities for small group, voluntary, and on- and off-ice training, according to Phase 2 of the league’s Return to Play Plan. The … Continue reading
Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin: “As Soon As You Taste What Victory Is, You Just Want To Repeat Again And Again.”
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin was interviewed in Episode Two of “Men in Blazers” hosted by Roger Bennett. The pair discussed Ovechkin’s early hockey career in Russia, getting drafted by the Capitals in 2004, his NHL debut and first career … Continue reading
Photo: Kirk Irwin/Getty Images Tuesday afternoon, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman announced the Return to Play Plan, which concludes the 2019-20 regular season and focuses on the phases and formats for the postseason. Bettman highlighted the importance of the health and … Continue reading
Nine on the Line: Could Potential Statistics in the Qualifying Round Jeopardize Ovechkin’s Chance for Ninth Rocket Richard Trophy?
Over the last few hours, we’ve been on NHL overload as the league unveiled the Return To Play Plan. Commissioner Gary Bettman announced the 2019-20 regular season is done with and the focus is geared towards the phases and formats … Continue reading
Capitals’ Tom Wilson on 24-Team Format: “It’s Almost Impossible To Get Every Single Guy Across The League On The Same Page”
On Friday, the NHLPA Executive Board authorized further negotiations with the NHL on a 24-team return to play format. Two teams, the Carolina Hurricanes and Tampa Bay Lightning voted against the extended playoff format. Some NHL players have expressed their … Continue reading
Photo: Michael Brochstein/Barcroft Media via Getty Images New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy announced Tuesday morning that sports teams in the state will be able to begin training camps effective today. The news comes two days after New York Governor Andrew … Continue reading
Washington Capitals forward Garnet Hathaway recently appeared in Modern Luxury’s Hope issue discussing his Hath’s Heroes initiative and how people can give back to first responders. He also gave some advice during an extremely challenging and uncertain time.
Capitals’ John Carlson on Brendan Leipsic: “He Was A Teammate Of Mine And I’ll Just Leave It At That”
Last week, Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson made his weekly radio appearance with 106.7 The Fan’s Chad Dukes and briefly addressed his thoughts on the departure of former Capitals forward Brendan Leipsic, who was released on May 8 after misogynistic … Continue reading