Search NoVa Caps Site
- Sabres Flatten Capitals, 5-2, In Nicklas Backstrom’s 1,000th Game; Anthony Mantha Scores Twice In As Many Games Since Trade
- Ant-Man Strikes Again: Anthony Mantha Scores In Second Straight Game, Nicklas Backstrom Records An Assist on His Big Night
- Stick Taps to Nicky: Former and Current Teammates, Fellow Swedes, And More Pay Tribute To Nicklas Backstrom on the Night of His 1,000th Game
- N1KY: Capitals Honor Nicklas Backstrom With Pregame Ceremony For Playing 1,000th Game
- Capitals Recall Craig Anderson From Taxi Squad, Assign Zach Fucale To Taxi Squad
- Vitek Vanecek Will Start In Goal Tonight, Ilya Samsonov Out Day-To-Day With Upper Body Injury: Notes From Morning Skate
- Big Night For Big John: John Carlson Records 400th Career Assist in 800th Career Game
- Red Wings’ Jakub Vrana On Trade From Capitals: “I Was Kind Of Shocked But At The Same Time, It’s A Great Opportunity I’m Looking Forward To”
- Grading Each East Division Team’s Trade Deadline
- Capitals Sign Conor Sheary To Two-Year Contract Extension Worth $3 Million
Tag Archives: San Jose Sharks
Thursday’s Golden Knights-Sharks Game In San Jose Postponed After Tomas Hertl Enters COVID-19 Protocol
Photo: Daily Hive The NHL announced on Wednesday that Thursday’s game between the Vegas Golden Knights and San Jose Sharks at SAP Center has been postponed after Sharks forward Tomas Hertl was added to the league’s COVID-19 protocol list.
NHL Comissioner Gary Bettman: “We Understand We Are Going To Need To Be Flexible And Agile, And We Are Prepared To Do That.”
Photo: NHL.com NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman told the media that “We understand we are going to need to be flexible and agile, and we are prepared to do that,” two days before opening night of the 2020-21 season.
Photo: Dave Sandford/Getty Images As the realigned divisions are set and with the 2020-21 season just two and a half weeks away, NoVa Caps continues with their division previews. Today, we look at the West Division:
Photo: Norm Hall/Getty Images According to The Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta, the San Jose Sharks are planning to hold their training camp in Arizona and it is “very possible” that they will play their home games at Gila River Arena … Continue reading
After signing three right-handed defensemen in Justin Schultz, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, and Paul LaDue in free agency, the Washington Capitals are currently more than $1 million over the NHL salary cap. The only solution: someone appears to be heading out the … Continue reading
Photo: LVRJ As a result of the revenue impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NHL salary cap will remain flat for the next three years. The unexpected cap constraint has impacted how companies have managed free agency. NoVa Caps grades each … Continue reading
Dave Sandford/NHLI via Getty Images If the 2020-21 NHL season starts as currently planned, teams that didn’t participate in the 2019-20 post-season will be looking at nearly nine months away from the game. That’s concerning to those teams.
Photo: @CapsPup Today is National Superhero Day, which honors superheroes both real and fictional. The NHL team pups sent a special message to frontline healthcare workers calling them “everyday heroes”, especially in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic.
California officials expect there to be several more months of certain social distancing policies, and warn that lifting the strict rules too early could worsen the health crisis. As a result, management officials in Santa Clara County, home of the San … Continue reading
With the 2019-20 regular season on pause, let’s dive in to the Washington Capitals top moments of the regular season. Continue reading