At age 8, Alex Ovechkin had not yet even skated, but two years later, he dominated on the ice. The Russian media outlet Championat recently published an article that traced the beginning of Alex Ovechkin’s start in hockey, all the way back to the age of 2. The article includes interviews with Ovechkin’s parents, as they recall how it all got started for the Great 8. While Ovechkin’s parents were supportive of Alex’s desire to play hockey, it was Alex’s internal drive and passion for the game, and a dedicated coach in Vyacheslav Kirillov, that ultimately made him the hockey player he is today. Continue reading
Search NoVa Caps Site
- Eastern Conference Play-In Preview
- 25,000-30,000 Coronavirus Tests Would Cost the NHL “Millions of Dollars” for Daily Testing
- Alex Ovechkin Welcomes Second Son, Ilya Alexandrovich!
- Opening Odds for All First-Round Playoff Matchups
- Nine on the Line: Could Potential Statistics in the Qualifying Round Jeopardize Ovechkin’s Chance for Ninth Rocket Richard Trophy?
- Ilya Kovalchuk Is Feeling Good And Ready For A Run In Washington
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Set With 24 Teams, Including 16-Team Play-In Round; Capitals Get Play-In Bye
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson on 24-Team Format: “It’s Almost Impossible To Get Every Single Guy Across The League On The Same Page”
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to Make Formal Announcement at 4:30 PM ET on Return to Play Plan for 2019-20 NHL Season
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy Announces Sports Teams in the State Can Begin Training Camps