Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Fans Line-up For New ‘Reverse Retro’ Jerseys
- Report: Player On NHLPA’s Return-To-Play Committee Thinks 2020-21 Season Will Start Between January 20 And February 1
- A Win Before the True Blues of Winter: Retro Recap – Capitals at St. Louis Blues – December 1, 2010
- Washington Capitals Prospect Report – November, 2020: Aliaksei Protas, Damien Riat and Daniel Carr Shine In November
- Caps 101: What’s In A Name? Birth of the Washington Capitals, And The Candidate Names That Didn’t Make The Cut
- The Latest Vegas Odds For When The 2020-21 NHL Season Will Begin
- A Pyrrhic Victory and Casualties in Carolina: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals @ Carolina Hurricanes – November 30, 2009
- A Look Ahead To 2021 Free Agency For the Capitals
- Former Capital Wojtek Wolski Wins Canadian Battle of the Blades Reality Skating Competition
- Carl Hagelin Will Help Henrik Lundqvist Get Acclimated In D.C., Just Like Lundqvist Did For Him In New York
Category Archives: Defense
Metropolitan Division teams made big changes this offseason, with several significant moves coming on defense. Last month, NoVa Caps looked at Metropolitan Division goalie tandems. Now, it’s time to examine the eight teams’ projected defenses for the 2020-21 NHL season and … Continue reading
After signing three right-handed defensemen in Justin Schultz, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, and Paul LaDue in free agency, the Washington Capitals are currently more than $1 million over the NHL salary cap. The only solution: someone appears to be heading out the … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday night that they have re-signed defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler to a one-year contract worth $800,000 contract. The 23-year-old became a restricted free agent on October 9.
Photo: NHL.com The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Saturday afternoon that they have signed defenseman Cody Ceci to a one-year, $1.25 million contract. Ceci became an unrestricted free agent on October 9.
Photo: Newsbreak After allowing an average of 3.32 goals-per-game from December 8 on during the regular season (the third-worst in the NHL and the worst among teams that participated in the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers), the Washington Capitals made some … Continue reading
Photo: Flames Nation The Philadelphia Flyers announced on Monday afternoon that they have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Erik Gustafsson to a one-year contract worth $3 million.
Photo: Arctic Ice Hockey The Washington Capitals have signed defenseman Cameron Schilling to a one-year, two-way contract ($700,000/$365,000), senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Justin Schultz to a two-year contract that carries a cap hit of $4 million. The team will pay him $3 million in 2020-21 and $5 million the next season.
Photo: @Capitals According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, former Washington Capitals defenseman Matt Niskanen has informed the Philadelphia Flyers that he will retire.
The biggest question for the Washington Capitals entering this offseason in terms of the roster is how they are going to fill a hole on defense. The team is currently talking to Brenden Dillon’s representation to see if a deal … Continue reading