Search NoVa Caps Site
- Postgame Analysis: Capitals Victorious In Game One, Ends in OT
- Craig Anderson Becomes Oldest Capitals Goalie To Win Stanley Cup Playoff Game In 3-2 Overtime Victory Over Bruins In Game 1
- Judy Calls Game! Nic Dowd Scores Overtime Winner To Help Washington Capitals Take Game 1 Against the Boston Bruins
- Capitals Beat Bruins, 3-2 In Overtime
- Report: One Player Tested Positive for COVID-19, One Deemed “Close Contact” Between Capitals’ Evgeny Kuznetsov, Ilya Samsonov
- District of Champions: D.C. Sports Teams Support and Cheer as Capitals Enter Playoffs Saturday
- Connor McMichael And Aliaksei Protas Score In Bears 3-2 Win Over Devils
- Washington Capitals Regular Season Review for Defense and Goaltending
- Laviolette Doesn’t Name Starter In Goal, T.J. Oshie Will Be Game-Time Decision For Capitals’ Game 1 vs. Bruins
- T.J. Oshie Participates In Morning Skate, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Ilya Samsonov Remain Out
Category Archives: Defense
In a “typical” seasons, we’ve traditionally reviewed the Capitals performance for each quarter. With the 2020-21 season being an abbreviated 56-game season instead of the normal 82-game season, we will change our tack and review the team’s performance at each … Continue reading
Rob Carr/Getty Images When the Washington Capitals signed him to a two-year, $8 million contract in free agency this past offseason, the hope was that in addition to adding depth to a defensive corps that struggled a season prior, he … Continue reading
Metropolitan Division teams made big changes this offseason, with several significant moves coming on defense. Last month, NoVa Caps looked at Metropolitan Division goalie tandems. Now, it’s time to examine the eight teams’ projected defenses for the 2020-21 NHL season and … Continue reading
After signing three right-handed defensemen in Justin Schultz, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, and Paul LaDue in free agency, the Washington Capitals are currently more than $1 million over the NHL salary cap. The only solution: someone appears to be heading out the … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday night that they have re-signed defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler to a one-year contract worth $800,000 contract. The 23-year-old became a restricted free agent on October 9.
Photo: NHL.com The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Saturday afternoon that they have signed defenseman Cody Ceci to a one-year, $1.25 million contract. Ceci became an unrestricted free agent on October 9.
Photo: Newsbreak After allowing an average of 3.32 goals-per-game from December 8 on during the regular season (the third-worst in the NHL and the worst among teams that participated in the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers), the Washington Capitals made some … Continue reading
Photo: Flames Nation The Philadelphia Flyers announced on Monday afternoon that they have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Erik Gustafsson to a one-year contract worth $3 million.
Photo: Arctic Ice Hockey The Washington Capitals have signed defenseman Cameron Schilling to a one-year, two-way contract ($700,000/$365,000), senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Justin Schultz to a two-year contract that carries a cap hit of $4 million. The team will pay him $3 million in 2020-21 and $5 million the next season.