Search NoVa Caps Site
- Deep Dive: A Closer Look at Capitals Draft Pick Haakon Hänelt
- Report: Capitals, Jets Working On Trade That Would Send Brenden Dillon To Winnipeg
- Capitals Prospect Haakon Hanelt Commits To Playing In QMJHL This Season
- Winners And Losers Of The 2021 NHL Expansion Draft
- Capitals Tender Qualifying Offers To Restricted Free Agents Ilya Samsonov, Lucas Johansen
- Hershey Bears Free Agent Focus: Forwards
- Deep Dive: Closer Look at Capitals Draft Pick Joaquim Lemay
- Deep Dive: A Closer Look at Capitals Draft Pick Brent Johnson
- Deep Dive: A Closer Look At Washington Capitals 2021 Draft Pick Vincent Iorio
- Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan Says He Anticipates Signing Alex Ovechkin to A New Contract Before Free Agency Starts
Category Archives: Defense
The 2020-21 season saw Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov prove once again that he is a reliable Top 4, even top pairing blueliner, in today’s NHL. After being a part of the Capitals’ best defensive pairing during their Stanley Cup … Continue reading
In a “typical” seasons, we’ve traditionally reviewed the Capitals performance for each quarter. With the 2020-21 season being an abbreviated 56-game season instead of the normal 82-game season, we will change our tack and review the team’s performance at each … Continue reading
Rob Carr/Getty Images When the Washington Capitals signed him to a two-year, $8 million contract in free agency this past offseason, the hope was that in addition to adding depth to a defensive corps that struggled a season prior, he … Continue reading
Metropolitan Division teams made big changes this offseason, with several significant moves coming on defense. Last month, NoVa Caps looked at Metropolitan Division goalie tandems. Now, it’s time to examine the eight teams’ projected defenses for the 2020-21 NHL season and … Continue reading
After signing three right-handed defensemen in Justin Schultz, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, and Paul LaDue in free agency, the Washington Capitals are currently more than $1 million over the NHL salary cap. The only solution: someone appears to be heading out the … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday night that they have re-signed defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler to a one-year contract worth $800,000 contract. The 23-year-old became a restricted free agent on October 9.
Photo: NHL.com The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Saturday afternoon that they have signed defenseman Cody Ceci to a one-year, $1.25 million contract. Ceci became an unrestricted free agent on October 9.
Photo: Newsbreak After allowing an average of 3.32 goals-per-game from December 8 on during the regular season (the third-worst in the NHL and the worst among teams that participated in the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers), the Washington Capitals made some … Continue reading
Photo: Flames Nation The Philadelphia Flyers announced on Monday afternoon that they have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Erik Gustafsson to a one-year contract worth $3 million.
Photo: Arctic Ice Hockey The Washington Capitals have signed defenseman Cameron Schilling to a one-year, two-way contract ($700,000/$365,000), senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.