Search NoVa Caps Site
- 2020 Offseason Report Cards: Pacific Division
- Wayne Gretzky Selling California Mansion For $22.9 Million (Photos)
- Former Capitals Prospect Connor Hobbs Retires from Professional Hockey
- Newly-Hired Capitals’ Assistant Coach Kevin McCarthy: “There’s More To Lavi’s System Than Just Offense…Defense Wins Championships”
- NHL Announces Postponements For Winter Classic and All-Star Weekend
- Television Ratings For All Sports Are Down, But Experts Advise, Don’t Read Too Much Into it…Yet
- A Tale of Two Alex’s: Former Capital Alexander Semin And Current Capitals Prospect Alexander Alexeyev Face Off in KHL Action
- Capitals Re-sign Jonas Siegenthaler To One-Year, $800,000 Contract
- 2020 Offseason Report Cards: Central Division
- Capitals Name Kevin McCarthy Assistant Coach; Blaine Forsythe, Scott Arniel Will Remain On Peter Laviolette’s Staff
Author Archives: Jon Sorensen
Earlier this month the Washington Capitals announced that defenseman Michal Kempny had suffered his second severe leg injury in the last eighteen months, this time to an Achilles’ tendon. The announcement added that Kempny had already undergone successful surgery to … Continue reading
Photo: HockeyNews.se This week, Washington Capitals prospect Bobby Nardella received his Swedish work permit and boarded a plane from Chicago to Stockholm via Copenhagen. Nardella is on loan to Djurgarden of the SHL for the entire 2020-21 season.
Renderings: William Hill Sports book operator William Hill has released a first look at the new sports book located at Capital One Arena. The sports book is set to open in early 2021.
Screen cap: Blick Unrestricted Free Agent Joe Thornton has joined HC Davos of the Swiss National League, but says he will return to North American once the 2020-21 NHL season resumes.
The Western Hockey League Board of Governors announced on Wednesday that the WHL Regular Season is scheduled to open on Friday, January 8, 2021. The league had previously announced a scheduled start date of December 4th, 2020.
Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia has become the first sports venue to utilize drones to clean and sanitize the stadium. The disinfecting drones not only help cover the large area, but also in a much quicker time and less labor-intensive process.
[Aliaksei Protas and billet family with the Ed Chynoweth Cup (WHL Championship) following the overtime, game 7 win at the Art Hauser Center in Prince Albert. Photos:Roger Pagé] Most Capitals fans by now are well aware of the “Viper of Vitebsk”, … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals announced Wednesday morning the re-signing of forward Shane Gersich to a one-year, two-way deal for $700,000/$150,000 average annual value (AAV).
Photo: MHK Dynamo The Washington Capitals selected Bogdan Trineyev of MHK Dynamo Moscow with their 4th round pick (#117 overall). Since being selected, the 6’3” forward has continued play in Russia’s MHL (KHL minor hockey league). He has also held … Continue reading
Photo: Salavat Washington Capitals defensive prospect Alex Alexeyev scored his first career KHL goal on Monday against Barys.