Search NoVa Caps Site
- Madison Square Garden Chairman Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Before He Became The Great Eight: An Interview With 18-year old Alex Ovechkin
- Capitals’ Nic Dowd And Garnet Hathaway Appear On NBC Sports Washington During Intermissions Of Virtual Game
- Rental Depreciation: Should There Be Compensation For Teams That Acquired “Rentals” at the Trade Deadline if the Remainder of the Season is Cancelled?
- Second Avalanche Player Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Bill Daly: NHL Will “find ways to fit games” in August, if Necessary
- Islanders Release Statement Regarding Their Future Home, Belmont Park Arena
- Proposing A Fair Format To Resume The 2019-20 NHL Season
- Blues’ Play-By-Play Announcer, John Kelly, Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Martin Fehervary Will Spend Break in Hockey Working on Degree in Sales And Marketing
Tag Archives: Wayne Gretzky
Getty Images When it comes to NHL greats, there is no player greater than Wayne Gretzky, appropriately nicknamed The Great One. The NHL’s greatest player of all-time is widely respected around the league and holds dozens of NHL records, topped … Continue reading
Alex Ovechkin Ties Mark Messier for Eighth All-Time on NHL Goals List; Extends Goal Scoring Streak to Five Games
Alex Ovechkin has had himself a productive last few weeks of December. With two consecutive hat tricks before the All-Star break, and putting himself back in Maurice Richard Trophy contention since returning, The Great Eight has climbed the NHL record … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The NHL’s all-time points leader, Wayne Gretzky, told NHL.com Russia that he wants to see Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin break his all-time goals record.
Alex Ovechkin is the already the greatest goal scorer of all time. That’s according to a bit of logical number-crunching and extrapolation conducted by the fine folks at The Ice Analytics Podcast. The analysis is based on the difference in eras that … Continue reading
Photo: SI Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin discussed catching Wayne Gretzky’s record for the most goals in league history (894) with Sportsnet‘s Elliotte Freidman in an interview that was published this week. The forward, who will turn 34 a week … Continue reading
Alex Ovechkin added one more record to his arsenal of recoreds set during the 2018-19 season. He led the NHL in goals, once again, this time with 51 goals. This is the eighth time he has led the league in … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images After what seemed like an eternity, Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin notched his 50th goal of the 2018-19 season at the 14:35 mark of the third period of play against the Tampa Bay Lightning, adding another … Continue reading
Alex Ovechkin Scores Goal for His 10th 40-goal Season; Joins Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, and Marcel Dionne As the Only Players Ever to Do So
Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images In the Capitals’ Sunday night game against the Anaheim Ducks, captain Alex Ovechkin scored his 40th goal of the season, his 10th 40-goal season of his career.
Graphic: @Smittysdesigns When Alexander Ovechkin was drafted by the Washington Capitals in 2004, he was expected to be a generational talent, much like NHL greats Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky. And while both of those players were adept at scoring … Continue reading
Photo: United States Hockey Hall of Fame Over the years, ice hockey has grown substantially in the United States and it comes as a result of the success of the country’s international teams. From the Olympics to World Junior Championships, … Continue reading