Search NoVa Caps Site
- Team Canada To Undergo 14-Day Quarantine After Two Players Test Positive For COVID-19
- Home Cooking and A Hat Trick: Retro Recap: Atlanta Thrashers @ Washington Capitals, November 26, 2008
- New York Islanders Defenseman Johnny Boychuk’s Career Has Come To An End, Due To Eye Injury Suffered During 2019-20 Regular Season
- Capitals Prospect Alex Alexeyev Scores Two Goals In First Six Minutes Of Game
- The Case For Daniel Carr To Earn A Roster Spot With The Capitals
- Could 2020-21 Be Lars Eller’s Last Season With The Capitals?
- Team Canada Postpones Third Scrimmage After Two Players Test Positive For COVID-19
- Golden Knights, Blue Jackets Close Facilities After Multiple Positive COVID-19 Tests
- Kendall Coyne Schofield Hired as Player Development Coach By Chicago Blackhawks
- Jaromir Jagr Believes Alex Ovechkin Can Break Wayne Gretzky’s Record
Tag Archives: Shane Gersich
While a number of Washington Capitals prospects have found temporary work with European teams during the current hockey stoppage in North America, a majority of the Capitals prospects are still looking for meaningful games. In this post we examine the … Continue reading
Photo: Bridgeport Sound Tigers Heading into the 2020-21 American Hockey League (AHL) season, the Hershey Bears have a potentially deep and potent lineup, as sixteen forwards who suited up for the Bears last season are under contract. To that group, … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals announced Wednesday morning the re-signing of forward Shane Gersich to a one-year, two-way deal for $700,000/$150,000 average annual value (AAV).
The Washington Capitals tendered qualifying offers to two restricted free agents ahead of Wednesday’s deadline (5 PM ET) to issue them. They extended offers to defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler and forward Shane Gersich. Center Travis Boyd did not receive a qualifying … Continue reading
In this post we will take a look at the development of the Washington Capitals prospect pool from a five-year perspective. The extended perspective is utilized to look at the Capitals long-term organizational status based on five-year projections for each of … Continue reading
The COVID-19 pandemic essentially stopped the hockey world cold during the first week of March. Since then, playing time for all of the Washington Capitals prospects has been scarce, with little guarantee of when league play will return to play.
It’s a busy time for Washington Capitals’ general manager Brian MacLellan. Part of MacLellan’s immediate “to-do” list is includes assessing and re-signing all of the Capitals’ current non-roster free agents. This years free agents include four forwards and five defensemen, … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals The COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect developmental hockey league operations throughout North America. In the last week the AHL, OHL and WHL have formally announced lengthy delays to the start of the 2020-21 seasons, with those dates potentially … Continue reading
Shane Gersich, Garrett Pilon Scratched for Final Practice; Ilya Samsonov Done For Season: Capitals Break Camp With Plenty Of Questions Remaining
The Washington Capitals wrapped up their 2020 summer training camp Saturday morning at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. The team will now make final roster adjustments before departing for Toronto Sunday afternoon. The Capitals will practice Monday and Tuesday at the Ford … Continue reading
Shane Gersich Returns; Ilya Samsonov, Alex Alexeyev Miss Practice Again – News From Day 3 Of Capitals Training Camp
Photo: @Capitals Wednesday was day 3 of the Capitals summer training camp at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. The Capitals will have the day off tomorrow (Thursday) before returning to work on Friday for day 4 of camp. The team will depart for … Continue reading