Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: Patrik Laine Revealed Reason for Leaving Winnipeg – Rude Treatment in Locker Room
- Capitals Lines At Morning Skate: Tom Wilson Skates, Michael Sgarbossa Recalled
- New York at Washington Series Preview: Peter Laviolette Clashes With Barry Trotz For First Time As Capitals’ Coach In 2020 First-Round Rematch
- Gr8 Endurance: Appreciating Alex Ovechkin’s Longevity Compared to His Peers – Early 2021
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson: “The Points Are More Important Now Than Ever”
- Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette: “We’re Still Ways To Go From Feeling Very Comfortable With It”
- Tom Wilson Returns To Capitals Practice
- Capitals Release New Third Jerseys
- Peter Laviolette Sees Both Sides Of The Coin In Sunday’s 4-3 Shootout Loss To Sabres
- “I Wish You Continued Success and Many More In A Capitals Jersey”: Peter Bondra Congratulates Nicklas Backstrom On Passing Him in Franchise Games Played
Tag Archives: Shane Gersich
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday that they have loaned forwards Shane Gersich, Philippe Maillet, and Michael Sgarbossa; and defensemen Paul LaDue, Cam Schilling, and Lucas Johansen to the AHL’s Hershey Bears. All six were placed on waivers … Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet The nine players that the Washington Capitals placed on waivers on Monday afternoon all cleared.
Hendrix LaPierre The Washington Capitals have divided their 2021 training camp into two separate practice sessions each day. The morning session has primarily consisted of roster players and starters, while the afternoon session has basically acted as a development camp … Continue reading
Photo: Bridgeport Sound Tigers Just a few short months ago, the Hershey Bears looked like they were a lock to field a Calder Cup caliber roster for the 2020-21 season. The projected roster was deep with scoring power on offense … Continue reading
While a number of Washington Capitals prospects have found temporary work with European teams during the current hockey stoppage in North America, a majority of the Capitals prospects are still looking for meaningful games. In this post we examine the … Continue reading
Photo: Bridgeport Sound Tigers Heading into the 2020-21 American Hockey League (AHL) season, the Hershey Bears have a potentially deep and potent lineup, as sixteen forwards who suited up for the Bears last season are under contract. To that group, … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals announced Wednesday morning the re-signing of forward Shane Gersich to a one-year, two-way deal for $700,000/$150,000 average annual value (AAV).
The Washington Capitals tendered qualifying offers to two restricted free agents ahead of Wednesday’s deadline (5 PM ET) to issue them. They extended offers to defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler and forward Shane Gersich. Center Travis Boyd did not receive a qualifying … Continue reading
In this post we will take a look at the development of the Washington Capitals prospect pool from a five-year perspective. The extended perspective is utilized to look at the Capitals long-term organizational status based on five-year projections for each of … Continue reading
The COVID-19 pandemic essentially stopped the hockey world cold during the first week of March. Since then, playing time for all of the Washington Capitals prospects has been scarce, with little guarantee of when league play will return to play.