Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ Prospect Tobias Geisser And EV Zug Win Swiss National League Championship
- New Face on the Stage: Inside Garrett Pilon’s NHL Debut Against the Philadelphia Flyers
- Capitals Rally To Beat Flyers, 2-1 (OT)
- Capitals’ Michal Kempny Leaves Bears Game Due To “Weird” Injury During Conditioning Stint
- Pheonix Copley Blanks Phantoms, 3-0, Records 100th Career AHL Victory
- Capitals Re-Call Garrett Pilon From Taxi Squad To Active Roster
- Craig Anderson Will Start For Capitals vs. Flyers; Alex Ovechkin Still Out
- NHL Easing COVID-19 Protocols For Vaccinated Teams During Playoffs
- Capitals Fall To Flyers, 4-2; Daniel Sprong Scores Sixth Goal In As Many Games
- Connor McMichael Scores Game-Winning Goal In Bears 2-1 Win Over Devils
Tag Archives: Ottawa Senators
Washington Capitals defenseman Zdeno Chara played in his 1600th NHL game Saturday night against the Islanders in New York. He is the thirteenth player in NHL history to reach the 1,600-games milestone.
Patrick Smith/Getty Images While he has yet to see any actual game action for the Washington Capitals, veteran goaltender Craig Anderson finds himself as the Capitals’ second goaltender, with Ilya Samsonov out after a positive COVID-19 diagnosis and breaking of … Continue reading
Photo: Terence Leung/Getty Images While nothing is set in stone, it appears that the 2020-21 NHL season will be limited to intradivisional play and will feature a realignment due to the United States-Canada border closure, which has no timetable for … Continue reading
Chris Wattie/Reuters In most seasons under normal circumstances, the NHL in early November would be just over a month into the regular season. Some teams are in contention at that point while other teams are struggling. This post takes a … Continue reading
Photo by Fred Kfoury III/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images It has been an unusual offseason in the NHL to say the least, with a delay in both the draft and free agency and a flat salary cap. So, which teams … Continue reading
Photo: TSN As a result of the revenue impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NHL salary cap will remain flat for the next three years. The unexpected cap constraint has impacted how companies have managed free agency. NoVa Caps grades each … Continue reading
Photo: The Fourth Period The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Wednesday morning that they traded goaltender Matt Murray to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for the 52nd overall pick in the 2020 NHL Draft and forward prospect John Gruden. Murray can … Continue reading
Dave Sandford/NHLI via Getty Images If the 2020-21 NHL season starts as currently planned, teams that didn’t participate in the 2019-20 post-season will be looking at nearly nine months away from the game. That’s concerning to those teams.
Flyers’ Oskar Lindblom, Senators’ Bobby Ryan, Stars’ Stephen Johns Nominated For Bill Masterton Trophy
Photo: PhillyVoice According to TSN’s Frank Seravalli, Dallas Stars defenseman Stephen Johns, Philadelphia Flyers forward Oskar Lindblom, and Ottawa Senators forward Bobby Ryan are the three nominees for the NHL’s Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy.
Photo: Adrian Wyld/The Canadian Press According to the Ottawa Sun‘s Ken Warren, Senators skaters and local NHL players are allowed to resume skating at a private rink in Ottawa. It is the first time players are back on the ice … Continue reading