Search NoVa Caps Site
- Golden Knights Trade Marc-Andre Fleury To Blackhawks
- Canucks Buy Out Final Season Of Former Capitals Goaltender Braden Holtby’s Contract
- Deep Dive: A Closer Look at Capitals Draft Pick Haakon Hänelt
- Report: Capitals, Jets Working On Trade That Would Send Brenden Dillon To Winnipeg
- Capitals Prospect Haakon Hanelt Commits To Playing In QMJHL This Season
- Winners And Losers Of The 2021 NHL Expansion Draft
- Capitals Tender Qualifying Offers To Restricted Free Agents Ilya Samsonov, Lucas Johansen
- Hershey Bears Free Agent Focus: Forwards
- Deep Dive: Closer Look at Capitals Draft Pick Joaquim Lemay
- Deep Dive: A Closer Look at Capitals Draft Pick Brent Johnson
Tag Archives: Ottawa Senators
Photo: SN After teams’ protection lists for the 2021 NHL Expansion Draft were released on Sunday morning, there were several surprises and plenty of big names available for the Seattle Kraken to pick from by Wednesday at 10 AM ET. … Continue reading
The Ottawa Senators announced Monday morning that the club has appointed Pierre McGuire as senior vice president of player development. He will work closely with Senators general manager Pierre Dorion and team owner Eugene Melnyk.
Washington Capitals defenseman Zdeno Chara played in his 1600th NHL game Saturday night against the Islanders in New York. He is the thirteenth player in NHL history to reach the 1,600-games milestone.
Patrick Smith/Getty Images While he has yet to see any actual game action for the Washington Capitals, veteran goaltender Craig Anderson finds himself as the Capitals’ second goaltender, with Ilya Samsonov out after a positive COVID-19 diagnosis and breaking of … Continue reading
Photo: Terence Leung/Getty Images While nothing is set in stone, it appears that the 2020-21 NHL season will be limited to intradivisional play and will feature a realignment due to the United States-Canada border closure, which has no timetable for … Continue reading
Chris Wattie/Reuters In most seasons under normal circumstances, the NHL in early November would be just over a month into the regular season. Some teams are in contention at that point while other teams are struggling. This post takes a … Continue reading
Photo by Fred Kfoury III/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images It has been an unusual offseason in the NHL to say the least, with a delay in both the draft and free agency and a flat salary cap. So, which teams … Continue reading
Photo: TSN As a result of the revenue impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NHL salary cap will remain flat for the next three years. The unexpected cap constraint has impacted how companies have managed free agency. NoVa Caps grades each … Continue reading
Photo: The Fourth Period The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Wednesday morning that they traded goaltender Matt Murray to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for the 52nd overall pick in the 2020 NHL Draft and forward prospect John Gruden. Murray can … Continue reading
Dave Sandford/NHLI via Getty Images If the 2020-21 NHL season starts as currently planned, teams that didn’t participate in the 2019-20 post-season will be looking at nearly nine months away from the game. That’s concerning to those teams.