Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ Braden Holtby on NHL’s Lack of Speaking Up About Social & Racial Issues: “We’re Obviously Behind As A Sport”
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
- Michal Kempny and David Pastrnak Take In Tennis Match in Prague On Wednesday
- Decision on Hub City Locations For 2020 Playoffs Will Be Made In Three Weeks
Tag Archives: NHL
Photo: Scott Audette/Getty Images According to Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, the NHL, GMs, and governors are talking about the eight teams that would earn byes from the play-in round playing three games against the other inter-conference teams to determine seeding for … Continue reading
Report: NHL, Players Association Continue To Work On 24-Team Stanley Cup Playoff Format; Play-In Round Would Be A Best-Of-Five
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images The NHL’s Return to Play Committee met once again on Wednesday and sources have told Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman that the league and NHLPA are working on a 24-team “conference-based” Stanley Cup Playoff format.
NHL Optimistic That Extended United States-Canada Border Closure Won’t Push Season Restart Back Any Later
Photo: CTV News Despite the border between the United States and Canada’s closure to non-essential travel being extended through June 21, the NHL is still “hopeful” that it won’t “materially affect the resumption of play timelines we are currently contemplating,” … Continue reading
Photo: LVRJ According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the NHL is discussing playing the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs in two cities instead of four, which is a possibility that is generating some buzz while teams are talking.
Photo: Canoe.com Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk told Fan 590 in Toronto on Sunday that he is “100 percent” confident that a 2020 Stanley Cup Champion will be crowned and that there would be a full 2020-21 NHL season, according … Continue reading
Some teams are optimistic that the NHL will allow teams to begin skating again in small groups by the end of this month while others are pessimistic regarding that manner.
Photo: John Russell/Getty Images The NHL announced on Friday morning that the Global Series events for the 2020-21 season have been postponed due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.
Report: NHL Now Planning To Go Straight To 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs With 24 Teams When Play Resumes
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images Sources have told Larry Brooks of the New York Post that the NHL’s focus of returning to play has shifted from finishing the 2019-20 regular season to going straight to the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs with … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The National Hockey League is among the many major sports leagues that shut down in early March for the COVID-19 pandemic, but they have to be sure to complete the 2019-2020 season. Since the shut down, … Continue reading
The NHL Board of Governors talked for around 105 minutes on Monday to discuss the idea of holding the 2020 NHL Draft in early June. The infectious disease consultant was on the call as has been the case on every … Continue reading