Search NoVa Caps Site
- For Coach: T.J. Oshie Scores Hat Trick in Capitals’ Emotional 4-2 Win Over Rangers
- Bears Fall to Lehigh Valley Phantoms 5-3, Axel Jonsson-Fjallby Among Scorers For Bears
- T.J. Oshie Scores Hat-Trick In Capitals’ 4-2 Win Over Rangers
- This One’s For Coach: T.J. Oshie Scores In First Game Since the Passing Of His Father
- Brawl On Broadway Part II: Capitals, Rangers Drop The Gloves One Second Into Chaotic First Period
- NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly On Capitals’ Tom Wilson: “He’s Put Himself In This Position But The Spotlight’s On Him”
- Capitals Recall Daniel Carr From Taxi Squad And Re-assign Zach Fucale From Hershey To Taxi Squad
- Report: Rangers Fire GM Jeff Gorton And President John Davidson
- Lars Eller on Capitals’ Monday Scrum with Rangers: “I Could Find You Several Clips Of Similar Situations…It Happens Frequently, But It’s Not Being Put Into Context In This Situation”
- Evgeny Kuznetsov, Ilya Samsonov, Alex Ovechkin Unavailable For Capitals On Wednesday; T.J. Oshie Will Return
Tag Archives: ESPN
NHL Announces Seven-Year Contract With ESPN As U.S. National Broadcasting Partner Beginning Next Season
Photo: The Score The NHL, Disney Company, and ESPN made it official on Wednesday afternoon: they have agreed to a seven-year contract for ESPN to hold the rights for broadcasting national NHL games in the United States starting in the … Continue reading
Photo: Barrett Media According to Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, the NHL and ESPN have agreed to a seven-year contract for the network to become one of the league’s broadcasting partners beginning in the 2021-22 season. Neither side has yet to confirm … Continue reading
Legend On Legend: Alex Ovechkin’s Unique Perspective On Michael Jordan And “The Last Dance” Docuseries
Photo: NHL via Getty Images/NBA The world’s biggest sports legends live in a space very unfamiliar to the rest of the world. Very few humans will ever fully understand what it’s like to compete at the highest level in a … Continue reading
Photos: New York Post Speaking on ESPN’s “First Take” on Thursday, Max Kellerman said “no one really cares about hockey” in the country, adding that it wasn’t one of the four major sports.
Nine on the Line: Could Potential Statistics in the Qualifying Round Jeopardize Ovechkin’s Chance for Ninth Rocket Richard Trophy?
Over the last few hours, we’ve been on NHL overload as the league unveiled the Return To Play Plan. Commissioner Gary Bettman announced the 2019-20 regular season is done with and the focus is geared towards the phases and formats … Continue reading
Report: NHL All-Star Weekend To Debut New Skills Competition Featuring Players Shooting Pucks From Stands
Photo: Stan Szeto-USA TODAY Sports According to ESPN’s Greg Wyshynski, a new skills competition is set to debut during the 2020 NHL All-Star Weekend at Enterprise Center in St. Louis, which begins on January 24. This contest will feature players … Continue reading
Photo: Bruce Bennett via Getty Images According to Emily Kaplan of ESPN, a women’s 3-on-3 event will debut during the 2020 NHL All-Star Weekend at Enterprise Center in St. Louis, which begins on January 24. The scrimmage will feature top … Continue reading
Capitals’ John Carlson And Alex Ovechkin Discuss “Johnny4Norris” And Reaching Gretzky’s Record In Interview With Linda Cohn
Photo: @lindacohn via Twitter In a recent “In The Crease” interview with ESPN’s Linda Cohn, Washington Capitals’ defenseman John Carlson and captain Alex Ovechkin sat down and discussed the run for the Norris Trophy, reaching Gretzky’s record and retirement.
ESPN’s Emily Kaplan released her annual NHL Player Poll Tuesday morning. The annual poll, “NHL Player Confidential”, asks 50 players a number of questions, based on the premise of anonymity, with the goal of achieving more honest and direct responses. … Continue reading
The Sports Business Journal reported on Monday that The NHL is considering potentially splitting its media rights among multiple partners. In addition, the report stated that ESPN and Fox Sports have already shown preliminary interest in acquiring shared rights.