Search NoVa Caps Site
- Coaching Clashes: Pierre-Luc Dubois The Latest In Coach-Player Saga in John Tortorella’s Time In Columbus
- Lars Eller Texts Capitals’ Team Chef Rob For Most Of His Meals At Home
- Report: Patrik Laine Revealed Reason for Leaving Winnipeg – Rude Treatment in Locker Room
- Capitals Lines At Morning Skate: Tom Wilson Skates, Michael Sgarbossa Recalled
- New York at Washington Series Preview: Peter Laviolette Clashes With Barry Trotz For First Time As Capitals’ Coach In 2020 First-Round Rematch
- Gr8 Endurance: Appreciating Alex Ovechkin’s Longevity Compared to His Peers – Early 2021
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson: “The Points Are More Important Now Than Ever”
- Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette: “We’re Still Ways To Go From Feeling Very Comfortable With It”
- Tom Wilson Returns To Capitals Practice
- Capitals Release New Third Jerseys
Tag Archives: Dmitry Orlov
The Washington Post is reporting that Capitals goaltender Ilya Samsonov has tested positive for COVID-19. Samantha Pell broke the news early Thursday afternoon.
Photo: Pinterest Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin and defenseman Dmitry Orlov both have COVID-19 antibodies, according to Ovechkin’s wife Nastya. Both, along with goaltender Ilya Samsonov and center Evgeny Kuznetsov were placed on the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol on Wednesday following … Continue reading
Photo: Joe Sargent/Getty Images After allowing an average of 3.44 goals-per-game in the final 32 games of the 2019-20 regular season and signing four defensemen in the offseason, the Washington Capitals have allowed at least three goals in three of … Continue reading
Photo: MCI The Washington Capitals released a statement on behalf of the organization and captain Alex Ovechkin, who was placed on the NHL’s COVID-19-absences list on Wednesday, along with center Evgeny Kuznetsov, defenseman Dmitry Orlov, and goaltender Ilya Samsonov.
Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Dmitry Orlov, Ilya Samsonov All Added To COVID-19 Protocol List
Photo: Instagram According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin, center Evgeny Kuznetsov, defenseman Dmitry Orlov, and goaltender Ilya Samsonov were all added to the NHL’s COVID-19-related absences list on Wednesday.
The Washington Capitals were back to work Saturday morning at MedStar Capitals Iceplex following a day off on Friday. The team will hold one more scrimmage Sunday afternoon and then begin to finalize their opening night roster. The season opens … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals On his first day running practice for the Washington Capitals, head coach Peter Laviolette has made some changes to his team’s lineup after they ended last season by going 15-14-3 in their final 32 regular-season games and went … Continue reading
Photos: @Capitals The first day of the Washington Capitals‘ 2020-21 training camp is officially here! Although the start of on-ice sessions does not begin until Monday, January 4, Sunday was limited to medical and testing; however, fans were given a … Continue reading
Photo: Nick Wass/The Associated Press The 2020-21 NHL season will be a shortened thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the teams playing just 56 games instead of the customary 82 games. Nonetheless, several players on the Capitals’ roster could reach … Continue reading
What do you do when you when return to the United States from Russia and have to quarantine for seven days? Well, for Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov, you reimagine one of the most popular Christmas movies of all time: Home … Continue reading