Search NoVa Caps Site
- Big Night For Big John: John Carlson Records 400th Career Assist in 800th Career Game
- Red Wings’ Jakub Vrana On Trade From Capitals: “I Was Kind Of Shocked But At The Same Time, It’s A Great Opportunity I’m Looking Forward To”
- Grading Each East Division Team’s Trade Deadline
- Capitals Sign Conor Sheary To Two-Year Contract Extension Worth $3 Million
- Vitek Vanecek and Ilya Samsonov: Who Is The Capitals’ Number One Netminder?
- Swede Milestone: Nicklas Backstrom Passes Daniel Alfredsson For Fourth-Most Assists By A Swedish-born Player
- Shear(y) Madness: Conor Sheary Records Three Points in 6-1 Victory Over Flyers
- Capitals Pound Flyers, 6-1; Anthony Mantha Scores In Capitals Debut
- That Didn’t Take Long! Anthony Records First Point, Scores First Goal In Capitals Debut
- Capitals’ Families Return to Capital One Arena Ahead of Tuesday’s Game Against Flyers
Tag Archives: Dmitry Orlov
Put Another Egg in the Basket! Conor Sheary Continues Productive Season With Goal Against New Jersey
Andy Marlin/NHLI via Getty Images When the Washington Capitals signed forward Conor Sheary to a one-year contract in free agency during the offseason, they did so hoping the former Pittsburgh Penguin and Buffalo Sabre could provide some offensive depth to … Continue reading
Photo by Andy Marlin/NHLI via Getty Images Prior to yesterday’s 2-1 overtime win against the New Jersey Devils, the Capitals were struggling defensively, giving up 17 goals against over three games, a concerning 5.66 goals against per game average.
Photo: @Capitals The Washington Capitals beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 (OT) on Friday night at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The win improves the Capitals record to 24-9-4 (52 points) on the season.
The Washington Capitals have now played 34 games of their abbreviated 56-game regular season schedule. Our last review of the Capitals’ defense was conducted back on March 3, after the first 24 games, or when 40+ percent of the season … Continue reading
Dmitry Orlov has been a mainstay on the Capitals’ blue line since the 2015-16 season. Orlov is one of the more, true, two-way puck moving defensemen in the league, and is known for his penchant for open ice hits.
Capitals Recover, Dump Devils, 5-4; Dmitry Orlov Scores In Second Straight Game, Jakub Vrana Gets OT Winner
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The Washington Capitals downed the New Jersey Devils by a score of 5-4 in overtime at Capital One Arena on Tuesday night. The victory lifted the Capitals into a tie the New York Islanders for first … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals have now played 24 games of their 56-game regular season schedule. Our last review of the Capitals’ defense was conducted back on February 12, after the first 12 games and 20+ percent of the season were complete. With … Continue reading
Photo: Len Redkoles/NHL via Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Philadelphia Flyers 2-1 Sunday evening at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. Following a first strike by the Flyers, the Capitals answered with goals from Alex Ovechkin, Dmitry Orlov … Continue reading
Talking With Dima: Dmitry Orlov Discusses First Goal, Alex Ovechkin’s Scoring Drought, New York Rangers, and COVID-19 In Interview With Russian Media Outlet Sport24
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images On Saturday afternoon (February 20), Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov scored his first goal of the abbreviated 2020-21 NHL season in a home game against the New York Rangers. Recently, the longtime Caps blueliner shared his impressions … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images The Washington Capitals fell to the New York Rangers by a score of 4-1 at Capital One Arena on Saturday afternoon. The loss kept the Capitals tied with the Philadelphia Flyers, who have two games in … Continue reading