Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL Standings Outlook – In the Late April Home Stretch
- Marcel Dionne To Alex Ovechkin: “ I’ll Put On A Washington Capitals Hat In Your Honor”
- Former Capital Braden Holtby Makes 37 Saves, Including Spinning Kick Out, In Canucks’ First Game Back From COVID-19 Pause
- Optimization: A Look At The Capitals’ Defensemen And Optimizing The Pairings
- Capitals Fall To Bruins, 6-3
- Capitals’ Garnet Hathaway Given Game Misconduct For Boarding Bruins’ Jarred Tinordi
- Anthony Mantha Becomes First Player To Score A Goal In Each Of His First Four Games With Capitals
- Final Musings On The Trade Of Jakub Vrana
- Report: Jersey Advertisements Could Arrive In NHL As Soon As 2022-23 Season
- John Carlson Gets First Career Four-Assist Game In Capitals’ 6-3 Win Over Flyers
Tag Archives: Detroit Red Wings
Red Wings’ Jakub Vrana On Trade From Capitals: “I Was Kind Of Shocked But At The Same Time, It’s A Great Opportunity I’m Looking Forward To”
On his first day with his new team after being acquired in a trade along with Richard Panik, a first-round pick in 2021, and a second-round pick in 2022 from the Washington Capitals on Monday, Detroit Red Wings forward Jakub … Continue reading
Capitals Acquire Anthony Mantha From Red Wings For First-Round Pick, Second-Round Pick, Jakub Vrana, Richard Panik
Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports The Washington Capitals announced that they have acquired forward Anthony Mantha from the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for a 2021 first-round pick, a 2022 second-round pick, and forwards Jakub Vrana and Richard Panik … Continue reading
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said late Tuesday night that the league is reviewing an incident involving an official’s hot-mic during the second period of Tuesday’s game between the Predators and Red Wings in Nashville.
Photo: NHL.com According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, the Detroit Red Wings claimed defenseman Christian Djoos on waivers from the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday. In addition, the Nashville Predators placed defenseman Tyler Lewington on waivers.
Following the divisional realignment imposed by the NHL for the shortened 2020-21 regular season, the path to the playoffs and beyond will be solely based on head-to-head matchups with divisional foes. The regional realignment sees all Canadian teams moving into the new … Continue reading
Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images As the realigned divisions are set and with the 2020-21 season just days away, NoVa Caps continues with their division previews. Today, we look at the Central Division, which features both Stanley Cup finalists:
Photo: TSN As a result of the revenue impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NHL salary cap will remain flat for the next three years. The unexpected cap constraint has impacted how companies have managed free agency. NoVa Caps grades each … Continue reading
Dave Sandford/NHLI via Getty Images If the 2020-21 NHL season starts as currently planned, teams that didn’t participate in the 2019-20 post-season will be looking at nearly nine months away from the game. That’s concerning to those teams.
Greg Fiume/Getty Images North America A few days ago, former and longtime Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green, announced his retirement from the NHL after 15 seasons, 10 of them in Washington. Over the course of his time in the District, … Continue reading