Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL Investigation Finds “No Evidence To Corroborate Ms. Kane’s Accusations” That Evander Kane Bet On NHL Games, Including Sharks Games
- Sights & Sounds from Capitals’ 2021-22 Media Day
- Wild Re-sign Reigning Calder Trophy Winner Kirill Kaprizov To Five-Year, $45 Million Contract
- Blue Jackets Rescind Unvaccinated Zac Rinaldo’s Training Camp Invitation
- Capitals Release 2021 Training Camp Roster And Schedule
- “The Next Few Weeks Are Going to Be Big For Him”: Hershey Bears Head Coach Scott Allen Talks Connor McMichael, Organizational Success, and More
- Former Washington Capital Jeff Halpern Gets Day With Stanley Cup As Coach With Tampa Bay Lightning
- Capitals Hire Dr. Aimee Kimball as Senior Director of Team and Organizational Development
- Images From Day 2 Of Washington Capitals Development Camp
- “I Have to Get Bigger, Stronger, and Faster”: Capitals Fifth-Round Pick Bear Hughes
Tag Archives: Brent Johnson
Photo: Sioux Falls Stampede On the second day of the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals chose right-handed defenseman Brent Johnson with the 80th pick overall. The Capitals traded down from #75 to #80 in a deal with the New … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals selected right-handed defenseman Brent Johnson in the third round (#80 overall) of the 2021 NHL Entry Draft. Johnson will attend the University of North Dakota in the fall.
Typically in mid-January, the NHL is just past the midpoint of their season, with certain teams having established themselves as contenders, while other teams have established themselves as mediocrities, or bottom feeders in the league standings. In January 2006, the … Continue reading
Christine Muschi/Reuters Capitals backup goaltender Ilya Samsonov is in his first season in the NHL and is seen as the future in net for the team going forward. In this piece, NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle takes a look back at … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals Alumni Association hosted the annual Alumni Summer Classic Game Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. NoVa Caps photojournalist Joe Noyes was in hand to capture a few of the images from this year’s event.
Photo: @MonSportsNetwork The 2019 Capitals Alumni Classic took place Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. A reasonably large crowd was in hand for this annual summer tradition. NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle was in attendance to recap the game.
Photo: Elsa/Getty Images For many years, Olaf Kolzig manned the goal-crease in Washington, backstopping the Capitals to an appearance in the 1998 Stanley Cup Finals. However, in the mid-2000’s the Capitals invested in the future in net by drafting youngsters … Continue reading
It’s no secret that Washington Capital’s goaltender, Braden Holtby, is struggling this season. He is currently sitting at a poor .909sv% and 3.03GAA in 38 games played. This is nowhere near his usual numbers, typically around .920sv% and near 2.30 … Continue reading
Tuesday was a busy day at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. The day began with the Capitals first practice following the All-Star break. (Photos here). After practice the Capitals held their annual “Dreams For Kids” hockey clinic, which included several of the … Continue reading
Photo: Mitchell Layton/Getty Images Nine years ago, Capitals’ goaltender Jose Theodore left the Capitals’ game against the Ottawa Senators because of a hip flexor injury he sustained during the Capitals’ morning skate. Former-Capitals goalie Semyon Varlamov, now with the Colorado Avalanche, … Continue reading