Search NoVa Caps Site
- Tom Wilson to Capitals Planholders: “Just Wanted to Wish You Well in This Tough Time Right Now…It’s Just So Unprecedented”
- Capitals Have Not Had Any Players Showing Symptoms For Coronavirus, GM Brian MacLellan Says
- Damien Riat: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly On Resuming 2019-20 Season: “It’s Not Going To Be A Knee Jerk Reaction.”
- Madison Square Garden Chairman Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Before He Became The Great Eight: An Interview With 18-year old Alex Ovechkin
- Capitals’ Nic Dowd And Garnet Hathaway Appear On NBC Sports Washington During Intermissions Of Virtual Game
- Rental Depreciation: Should There Be Compensation For Teams That Acquired “Rentals” at the Trade Deadline if the Remainder of the Season is Cancelled?
- Second Avalanche Player Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Bill Daly: NHL Will “find ways to fit games” in August, if Necessary
Tag Archives: Brent Johnson
Christine Muschi/Reuters Capitals backup goaltender Ilya Samsonov is in his first season in the NHL and is seen as the future in net for the team going forward. In this piece, NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle takes a look back at … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals Alumni Association hosted the annual Alumni Summer Classic Game Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. NoVa Caps photojournalist Joe Noyes was in hand to capture a few of the images from this year’s event.
Photo: @MonSportsNetwork The 2019 Capitals Alumni Classic took place Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. A reasonably large crowd was in hand for this annual summer tradition. NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle was in attendance to recap the game.
Photo: Elsa/Getty Images For many years, Olaf Kolzig manned the goal-crease in Washington, backstopping the Capitals to an appearance in the 1998 Stanley Cup Finals. However, in the mid-2000’s the Capitals invested in the future in net by drafting youngsters … Continue reading
It’s no secret that Washington Capital’s goaltender, Braden Holtby, is struggling this season. He is currently sitting at a poor .909sv% and 3.03GAA in 38 games played. This is nowhere near his usual numbers, typically around .920sv% and near 2.30 … Continue reading
Tuesday was a busy day at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. The day began with the Capitals first practice following the All-Star break. (Photos here). After practice the Capitals held their annual “Dreams For Kids” hockey clinic, which included several of the … Continue reading
Photo: Mitchell Layton/Getty Images Nine years ago, Capitals’ goaltender Jose Theodore left the Capitals’ game against the Ottawa Senators because of a hip flexor injury he sustained during the Capitals’ morning skate. Former-Capitals goalie Semyon Varlamov, now with the Colorado Avalanche, … Continue reading
Photo: Washington Capitals The Capitals hit the ice this morning following a tough 4-3 loss to the Islanders in Brooklyn last night. Their focus now shifts to the Devils, who come to town tomorrow night.
Al Bello/Getty Images Starting today for the rest of the season, NoVa Caps will feature a Capitals alumni every Monday as the alumni of the week. This week: goaltender Brent Johnson.
Photo: Washington Capitals There are some games where the date becomes permanently etched into memory. When the teams involved are scheduled to play on or near the anniversary of that date, in the same arena, the memories return. One of … Continue reading