Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Need More Consistency From Evgeny Kuznetsov This Season
- For Washington Capitals Prospect Connor Hobbs, The Opportunity Is Still Very Real
- Our Favorite Capitals Bouts From The Past Five Years
- WAR! What Is It Good For? Projecting the Metro Division Standings by Expected WAR Standings Point Projections
- Capitals Assistant Coach Reid Cashman Gives “Building Deception In Your D[efense]” Presentation At 2019 Coaches Conference
- Baby Capital on the Way: Nic Dowd and Wife Paige Announce They Are Expecting Their First Child
- Kunlun Red Star (KHL) Signs Dávid Bondra To Professional Tryout Contract
- Capitals Get Bigger, Grittier With Offseason Additions
- St. Louis Blues’ Championship Run Foreshadowed by Past Runs of their Predecessors in Washington
- Bears Sign Tariq Hammond To One-Year AHL Contract
Tag Archives: Brent Johnson
The Washington Capitals Alumni Association hosted the annual Alumni Summer Classic Game Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. NoVa Caps photojournalist Joe Noyes was in hand to capture a few of the images from this year’s event.
Photo: @MonSportsNetwork The 2019 Capitals Alumni Classic took place Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. A reasonably large crowd was in hand for this annual summer tradition. NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle was in attendance to recap the game.
Photo: Elsa/Getty Images For many years, Olaf Kolzig manned the goal-crease in Washington, backstopping the Capitals to an appearance in the 1998 Stanley Cup Finals. However, in the mid-2000’s the Capitals invested in the future in net by drafting youngsters … Continue reading
It’s no secret that Washington Capital’s goaltender, Braden Holtby, is struggling this season. He is currently sitting at a poor .909sv% and 3.03GAA in 38 games played. This is nowhere near his usual numbers, typically around .920sv% and near 2.30 … Continue reading
Tuesday was a busy day at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. The day began with the Capitals first practice following the All-Star break. (Photos here). After practice the Capitals held their annual “Dreams For Kids” hockey clinic, which included several of the … Continue reading
Photo: Mitchell Layton/Getty Images Nine years ago, Capitals’ goaltender Jose Theodore left the Capitals’ game against the Ottawa Senators because of a hip flexor injury he sustained during the Capitals’ morning skate. Former-Capitals goalie Semyon Varlamov, now with the Colorado Avalanche, … Continue reading
Photo: Washington Capitals The Capitals hit the ice this morning following a tough 4-3 loss to the Islanders in Brooklyn last night. Their focus now shifts to the Devils, who come to town tomorrow night.
Al Bello/Getty Images Starting today for the rest of the season, NoVa Caps will feature a Capitals alumni every Monday as the alumni of the week. This week: goaltender Brent Johnson.
Photo: Washington Capitals There are some games where the date becomes permanently etched into memory. When the teams involved are scheduled to play on or near the anniversary of that date, in the same arena, the memories return. One of … Continue reading