Search NoVa Caps Site
- Craig Anderson Appears To Be Capitals’ Game 2 Starter; Evgeny Kuznetsov, Ilya Samsonov Skate As Extras
- Game 2 Preview: Capitals Look to Continue First Round Series Lead Against Bruins on Monday
- Climbing the Ladder: Washington Capitals Prospect Bogdan Trineyev Talks About His Road to the Kharlamov Trophy
- Connor McMichael Finishes First Professional Season Leading The Bears In Goals And Points: “He’s The Real Deal”
- Brett Leason Scores Two Goals In Bears 5-2 Win Over Penguins
- Capitals Recall Zach Fucale From AHL Hershey
- Ilya Samsonov, Evgeny Kuznetsov Skate Ahead of Capitals’ Optional Practice
- Capitals’ Bottom-Six Plays Key Role In 3-2 Overtime Win In Game 1 Over Bruins
- Postgame Analysis: Capitals Victorious In Game One, Ends in OT
- Craig Anderson Becomes Oldest Capitals Goalie To Win Stanley Cup Playoff Game In 3-2 Overtime Victory Over Bruins In Game 1
Tag Archives: Brent Johnson
Typically in mid-January, the NHL is just past the midpoint of their season, with certain teams having established themselves as contenders, while other teams have established themselves as mediocrities, or bottom feeders in the league standings. In January 2006, the … Continue reading
Christine Muschi/Reuters Capitals backup goaltender Ilya Samsonov is in his first season in the NHL and is seen as the future in net for the team going forward. In this piece, NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle takes a look back at … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals Alumni Association hosted the annual Alumni Summer Classic Game Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. NoVa Caps photojournalist Joe Noyes was in hand to capture a few of the images from this year’s event.
Photo: @MonSportsNetwork The 2019 Capitals Alumni Classic took place Tuesday night at MedStar Capitals Iceplex. A reasonably large crowd was in hand for this annual summer tradition. NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle was in attendance to recap the game.
Photo: Elsa/Getty Images For many years, Olaf Kolzig manned the goal-crease in Washington, backstopping the Capitals to an appearance in the 1998 Stanley Cup Finals. However, in the mid-2000’s the Capitals invested in the future in net by drafting youngsters … Continue reading
It’s no secret that Washington Capital’s goaltender, Braden Holtby, is struggling this season. He is currently sitting at a poor .909sv% and 3.03GAA in 38 games played. This is nowhere near his usual numbers, typically around .920sv% and near 2.30 … Continue reading
Tuesday was a busy day at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. The day began with the Capitals first practice following the All-Star break. (Photos here). After practice the Capitals held their annual “Dreams For Kids” hockey clinic, which included several of the … Continue reading
Photo: Mitchell Layton/Getty Images Nine years ago, Capitals’ goaltender Jose Theodore left the Capitals’ game against the Ottawa Senators because of a hip flexor injury he sustained during the Capitals’ morning skate. Former-Capitals goalie Semyon Varlamov, now with the Colorado Avalanche, … Continue reading
Photo: Washington Capitals The Capitals hit the ice this morning following a tough 4-3 loss to the Islanders in Brooklyn last night. Their focus now shifts to the Devils, who come to town tomorrow night.
Al Bello/Getty Images Starting today for the rest of the season, NoVa Caps will feature a Capitals alumni every Monday as the alumni of the week. This week: goaltender Brent Johnson.