Search NoVa Caps Site
- Inaugural Game at MCI Center – Retro Recap – Florida Panthers @ Washington Capitals – December 5, 1997
- Vancouver Canucks Cut Ties With Anthem Singer After He Confirmed He Would Participate In Anti-COVID-19 Restrictions Rally
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
Category Archives: Propsects
Vitek Vanecek’s Essay Details The Feelings And Fears He Faced In Coming To America: “I Felt Lost In America From The First Moment”
Photos: Jana Mensatorová, ČTK / AP / Mel Evans and ČTK / AP / Chris Young For Capitals goaltending prospect Vitek Vanecek, playing hockey in America has been a tremendous challenge. On the exterior, Vanecek has always been a jovial … Continue reading
As a result of the loss of revenue due to COVID-19, the NHL salary cap will remain flat at $81.5 million for the next three seasons, which is obviously a bad break for teams such as the Washington Capitals who … Continue reading
Photo: Dinamo Minsk Washington Capitals forward prospect Alexei Protas (Dinamo Minsk) was named KHL Rookie of the Week on Monday. Protas, who won three of three away games with his team last week, scoring 3 (1+2) points, scored his fifth … Continue reading
Washington Capitals Monthly Prospect Report – October, 2020: Aliaksei Protas, Alex Alexeyev, Axel Jonsson-Fjallby, Damien Riat, Tobias Geisser, Bobby Nardella, Hendrix Lapierre, Bogdan Trineyev, Daniel Carr And Oskar Magnusson
Photo: Salavat Yulaev Ufa Welcome to the second installment of NoVa Caps’ Washington Capitals monthly prospects report for the 2020-2021 season. This report summarizes activities for each of the Capitals’ prospects for the month of October, 2020, and provides an overall … Continue reading
Photo: The Arizona Republic The Arizona Coyotes announced on Thursday afternoon that they have renounced the rights of their fourth-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft, forward Mitchell Miller, after it leaked that he bullied a black, mentally disabled teen … Continue reading
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images As the NHL expansion draft for the Seattle Kraken is around a year away, what could their inaugural season roster look like? NoVa Caps does its annual mock expansion draft for the NHL’s 32nd franchise. … Continue reading
The story is well known among many Capitals fans by now. In true Ruthian style, Capitals prospect Connor McMichael called it. On the biggest stage of his career, he pointed to the fences and delivered. It wasn’t the first time, … Continue reading
Connor Hobbs, a Washington Capitals draft pick from 2015 and member of the Hershey Bears from 2017-18 through 2019-20, has retired from professional hockey. Hobbs cited injuries and a loss of passion for the game as his reasons for retiring. … Continue reading
On the second day of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals selected Oskar Magnusson with the 211h pick overall. The Capitals acquired the pick by trading next year’s seventh rounder pick to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Larry Brunt/Spokane Chiefs On the second day of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals selected Cassius “Bear” Hughes with the 148h pick overall. Hughes, who is 6’1”, 165 pounds, was born in Post Falls, Idaho on May 30, 2001.