Search NoVa Caps Site
- Hello Game 7, We Meet Again: The Washington Capitals Look To Build On Recent Successes In The “Decisive Game”
- Hershey Bears Win Game 3 Against Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Photos)
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1; Take 2-1 Lead In Best-Of-Five Series
- Capitals’ Prospect Axel Jonnson-Fjallby Producing In SHL Playoffs
- Round 1, Game 7 Preview: The Capitals Will Look to Eliminate the Storm Surging Hurricanes On Home Ice
- Pivotal Game 3 Looms For The Hershey Bears
- Downed But Still Not Out: With Title Defense Hopes on the Line on Wednesday, Caps Must Rely On Experience From the Last Year to Win Game 7
- Capitals vs. Hurricanes – Inside The Numbers: It Will Take One More
- Hurricanes Score Four Unanswered Goals, Force Game 7 With 5-2 Comeback Win
- Capitals Keep Same Lineup For Game 6; Game Status For Svechnikov, Ferland, and Martinook To Be Determined After Morning Skate For Hurricanes
Category Archives: Free Agency
Photo: NHL After the departure of longtime fourth-line center Jay Beagle in free agency, the Capitals were left with what was, in terms of value and production, a massive hole on their fourth-line. One of the ways in which General … Continue reading
Photo: Washington Times With 50 games of the regular season in the books, NoVa Caps takes a look at some of the NHL roster decisions Washington Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan will have to make for 2019-20 when June and July … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com When the Vancouver Canucks threw a four-year contract worth an average annual value of $3 million per year at Washington Capitals‘ pending free agent Jay Beagle, who was going to turn 33 three and a half months later, Capitals … Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet The NHL salary cap for next season is expected to rise by $3.5 million to be at $83 million, according to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman. It could move slightly but the league has been good with salary cap … Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet Ex-Washington Capitals and current Montreal Canadiens defenseman Karl Alzner was placed on waivers on Monday afternoon, most likely for contract termination purposes.
Photo: ESPN Defenseman Nate Schmidt signed a six-year contract extension worth an average annual value of $5.95 million with the Vegas Golden Knights, the team announced on Thursday morning. Schmidt, 27, could have become an unrestricted free agent on July … Continue reading
Photo: HFBoards The Hershey Bears signed defenseman John MacLoud as a free agent, the team announced on Thursday morning.
Bill Boyce/Associated Press With training camp just a few weeks away, the Capitals’ Opening Night roster and NHL roster as a whole will look very similar to last season’s, considering that General Manager Brian MacLellan was able to bring back … Continue reading
Photo: TSN The Washington Capitals signed Sergei Shumakov to a one-year, entry-level contract worth $925,000, the team announced on Saturday morning. Shumakov was a free agent in the KHL.
Photo: NHL via Getty Images With the Washington Capitals set to begin their quest for a repeat in three weeks as training camp comes around, it’s time to look at potential PTO (professional tryout) candidates. The Capitals have signed three players … Continue reading