Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Trade Madison Bowey, Draft Pick to Detroit For Nick Jensen
- Washington Capitals Third Quarter Review: 2018-2019 Season
- 2019 NHL Trade Deadline Deal Tracker
- Report: Blue Jackets Acquire Matt Duchene From Senators
- What a Rush! Capitals Line Rush of the Night: No Legs To Catch The Diesel
- Capitals at Maple Leafs – Inside the Numbers: Impressive Showing In Toronto
- Capitals Down Maple Leafs, 3-2; Alex Ovechkin Scores For Fourth Consecutive Game
- Devante Smith-Pelly Re-assigned To Hershey
- Capitals Send Third-Round Pick And Conditional Sixth-Round Pick To Kings In Exchange For Carl Hagelin
- Devante Smith-Pelly Clears Waivers
Category Archives: Free Agency
Photo: Washington Times With 50 games of the regular season in the books, NoVa Caps takes a look at some of the NHL roster decisions Washington Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan will have to make for 2019-20 when June and July … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com When the Vancouver Canucks threw a four-year contract worth an average annual value of $3 million per year at Washington Capitals‘ pending free agent Jay Beagle, who was going to turn 33 three and a half months later, Capitals … Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet The NHL salary cap for next season is expected to rise by $3.5 million to be at $83 million, according to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman. It could move slightly but the league has been good with salary cap … Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet Ex-Washington Capitals and current Montreal Canadiens defenseman Karl Alzner was placed on waivers on Monday afternoon, most likely for contract termination purposes.
Photo: ESPN Defenseman Nate Schmidt signed a six-year contract extension worth an average annual value of $5.95 million with the Vegas Golden Knights, the team announced on Thursday morning. Schmidt, 27, could have become an unrestricted free agent on July … Continue reading
Photo: HFBoards The Hershey Bears signed defenseman John MacLoud as a free agent, the team announced on Thursday morning.
Bill Boyce/Associated Press With training camp just a few weeks away, the Capitals’ Opening Night roster and NHL roster as a whole will look very similar to last season’s, considering that General Manager Brian MacLellan was able to bring back … Continue reading
Photo: TSN The Washington Capitals signed Sergei Shumakov to a one-year, entry-level contract worth $925,000, the team announced on Saturday morning. Shumakov was a free agent in the KHL.
Photo: NHL via Getty Images With the Washington Capitals set to begin their quest for a repeat in three weeks as training camp comes around, it’s time to look at potential PTO (professional tryout) candidates. The Capitals have signed three players … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com NoVa Caps’ annual division preview continues today as we look into each division in the NHL. Today, we take a deep dive into the Central Division.