Search NoVa Caps Site
- Alex Ovechkin Spends Time With Russian Children’s Ensemble “Dynamic Guys”; Launches New Story With The Production Center “Dynamo”
- The KHL Season Is Quickly Deteriorating Due To COVID-19; Should The Capitals Prospects Exit From The League?
- Kevin McCarthy: A Look At Potential Assistant Coaching Candidates For The Capitals
- Penguins In The Midst Of Working Out A Patric Hornqvist-Mike Matheson Trade With Panthers
- Report: No Traditional “Day With The Cup” For Stanley Cup Winners
- A Deep Dive Into Peter Laviolette’s Coaching Resume
- Projecting The Capitals’ Three Big Contract Extensions Coming Up
- Hershey Bears Sign Caleb Herbert To One-Year Deal
- 7 Teams That Missed 2019-20 NHL Postseason May Be Allowed To Hold Longer Training Camps
- Alex Alexeyev’s KHL Coach, Two Teammates Test Positive For COVID-19
Category Archives: Coach
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman, the Washington Capitals knew Peter Laviolette was their target to become the team’s next head coach after they fired Todd Reirden on August 23. The Capitals hired Laviolette on Tuesday … Continue reading
Photo: WaPo After the Washington Capitals hired Peter Laviolette to be the 19th head coach in franchise history, one of the first questions is what kind of influence he will have on captain Alex Ovechkin. NoVa Caps looks at Ovechkin’s … Continue reading
After An “Underachieved” Season, Capitals’ GM Brian MacLellan Says New Head Coach Peter Laviolette Will Provide Motivation & Accountability For the Team
Washington Capitals senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan spoke to Capitals senior writer Mike Vogel on Tuesday and discussed the new hiring of head coach Peter Laviolette, the upcoming 2020 NHL Draft, and Free Agency.
Photo: NHL via Getty Images Washington Capitals head coach Peter Laviolette told the media at his introductory press conference that “it’s a privilege to be the head coach of this hockey team” and that Tuesday is a “pretty special day … Continue reading
Photo: @Predators The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday morning that they have hired Peter Laviolette as the 19th head coach in team history. The team relieved Todd Reirden of his duties on August 24 after consecutive first-round exits in the … Continue reading
Photo: CBC According to TSN’s Pierre LeBrun, former Vegas Golden Knights head coach Gerard Gallant, Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock, or Nashville Predators head coach Peter Laviolette will be the Washington Capitals’ next head coach.
Photo: Sporting News Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman told NHL Network recently that former Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock is in the mix to become the Washington Capitals‘ next head coach and “definitely a contender,” saying “I do think they … Continue reading
Report: Capitals Have Interviewed Gerard Gallant And Mike Babcock, Who’s A “Legitimate Candidate,” To Fill Head Coaching Vacancy
Photo: Yahoo! Sports According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman, the Washington Capitals have interviewed former Vegas Golden Knights head coach Gerard Gallant and former Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock, who is a “legitimate candidate,” to fill their head coaching … Continue reading
Photo: DCist The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Wednesday morning that they have named Todd Reirden as an assistant coach. He will primarily work with the team’s defensive group and power-play. The team also announced Mike Vellucci was hired as an … Continue reading
Report: Predators Give Capitals Permission To Interview Peter Laviolette To Fill Head Coaching Vacancy
Photo: Yahoo Finance Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman reported on Sunday night that the Nashville Predators have given the Washington Capitals permission to talk to their former head coach, Peter Laviolette, who was fired by the team on January 6.