Search NoVa Caps Site
- ESPN’s Max Kellerman Draws Fire For “No One Really Cares About Hockey” Comment
- ‘The Athletic’ Lays Off 8% of Staff
- Capitals’ Braden Holtby on NHL’s Lack of Speaking Up About Social & Racial Issues: “We’re Obviously Behind As A Sport”
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
Tag Archives: WHL
Graphic: NHL The NHL announced on Tuesday that the player development agreements have been extended for the 2020-21 season.
Photo: Wikipedia The WHL followed the rest of the junior leagues’ lead on Wednesday afternoon but made a modification: canceling the remainder of just the regular season.
Welcome to the second installment of NoVa Caps’ Washington Capitals monthly prospects reports for the 2019-2020 season. The report summarizes activities for each of the Capitals’ prospects for the month of November 2019, and provides an overall “Trending” rating for each … Continue reading
Alexander Alexeyev Scores First Professional Goal on First Career Shift in Hershey Bears’ Game Against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
JustSports Photography/Hershey Bears While forward Garnet Hathaway was busy scoring his first goal as a member of the Washington Capitals, in Hershey, Pennsylvania, Capitals 2018 first-round pick Alexander Alexeyev was busy making a first impression of his own for the … Continue reading
Which NHL teams did the best and worst on day one of the 2019 NHL Draft? Continue reading
Photo: Last Word on Hockey The WHL announced on Monday that Red Deer Rebels defenseman and Washington Capitals‘ prospect Alexander Alexeyev was named the league’s player of the week.
Photo by Christopher Mast/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images Hours after signing his first professional contract with the Washington Capitals, Riley Sutter celebrated the best way possible, by making a sizable dent in the score sheet. Sutter would notch a pair … Continue reading
Photo: Amino Apps After being selected by the Washington Capitals with the last pick of the first round of the 2018 NHL Draft, defenseman Alexander Alexeyev had a strong rookie camp and training camp. Now the 18-year old Russian is off … Continue reading
This is the second installment of NoVa Caps’ contributor Luke Adomanis’ monthly updates on Washington Capitals’ prospects. You can read October’s update here.
Last week, a handful of Capitals players started working out on the Kettler ice for unofficial practices, with more arriving this week. Most of the “big-name” players like Alex Ovechkin, Evgeny Kuznetsov, and Braden Holtby, have already reported to Kettler, … Continue reading