Search NoVa Caps Site
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
- Pierre McGuire Now Offering Personalized Video Messages For Purchase
- AHL, Genius Sports Group Form Partnership To Bring Betting To AHL
Tag Archives: Waivers
Washington Capitals forward Travis Boyd has cleared waivers and been loaned to the AHL’s Hershey Bears. The team waived him and assigned defenseman Martin Fehervary to the Bears on Sunday afternoon in an effort to make room under the NHL salary … Continue reading
Photo: Sports Illustrated Washington Capitals goaltender Pheonix Copley cleared waivers, the team announced on Thursday afternoon. The team waived the 27-year old on Wednesday in an effort to send him to the AHL’s Hershey Bears.
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday afternoon that they have placed goaltender Pheonix Copley on waivers. This almost certainly means that goaltender Ilya Samsonov will back-up Braden Holtby when the Capitals open their season at the defending Stanley … Continue reading
Photo: Sportsnet The Washington Capitals announced on Tuesday that defenseman Christian Djoos has cleared waivers and has been sent to the AHL’s Hershey Bears a day after they waived him.
The Washington Capitals announced on Monday afternoon that they have placed defenseman Christian Djoos, forward Liam O’Brien, and forward Michael Sgarbossa on waivers with the intention of assigning them to AHL Hershey. All three will have to clear in order … Continue reading
Former Capitals’ Riley Barber, Nathan Walker Waived, Michael Neuvirth Released From PTO With Maple Leafs
Photo: NHL.com Former Washington Capitals forward prospects Riley Barber, who signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Montreal Canadiens on July 1, and Nathan Walker, who signed a two-year, two-way contract with the St. Louis Blues the same day, were … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick McDermott/Getty Images After the Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup for the first time in franchise history in 2018, general manager Brian MacLellan chose to go with largely the same team heading into the 2018-2019 season but made … Continue reading
Forward Devante Smith-Pelly cleared waivers on Thursday afternoon after the Washington Capitals put the 26-year old on waivers in order to accommodate a trade, most likely for Los Angeles Kings forward Carl Hagelin. Smith-Pelly will likely report to the AHL’s … Continue reading
Photo: Ethan Miller/Getty Images After a confusing start to the Capitals’ morning practice, it is now apparent that right wing Devante Smith-Pelly’s time as a member of the Capitals is most likely coming to an end, after the team announced … Continue reading
Photo: Baltimore Sun The Washington Capitals placed forward Devante Smith-Pelly on waivers on Wednesday. Forward Dmitrij Jaskin was about to go on waivers but the Capitals changed their minds before 12 PM when players are placed on waivers each day.