Search NoVa Caps Site
- ESPN’s Max Kellerman Draws Fire For “No One Really Cares About Hockey” Comment
- ‘The Athletic’ Lays Off 8% of Staff
- Capitals’ Braden Holtby on NHL’s Lack of Speaking Up About Social & Racial Issues: “We’re Obviously Behind As A Sport”
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
Tag Archives: Vezina Trophy
After the start of the NHL Free Agency Period, how do the Metropolitan Division teams look? Continue reading
Which Capitals need to rebound in 2018-19? Continue reading
Photos: NHL via Getty Images “I think (Ovechkin) is taking fourteen years of frustration out on one playoff” – Jon Cooper, Head Coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning. We are now in the thick of the NHL Conference Finals. The … Continue reading
Who will take home the NHL awards after the 2017-18 regular season? Continue reading
A Look Ahead to the 2017-18 Season: Which Metropolitan Division Players Will Be the Most Productive?
Which players in the Metropolitan Division will be the most productive in 2017-18? Continue reading
NoVa Caps has been preparing key “player previews” for the upcoming season as the Washington Capitals begin to gear up for the start of training camp in two weeks. Today, we continue our previews with goaltender Braden Holtby.
That facial expression is the face that Caps fans everywhere made after another rough night. After losing Nate Schmidt, Braden Holtby came up short in a chance to win his second consecutive Vezina Trophy. Instead, it was Sergei Bobrovsky of … Continue reading
Braden Holtby, the 2015-2016 Vezina Trophy winner, was once again selected as a finalist for the award for this season’s body of work. The Vezina Trophy is an annual award given to the goalkeeper selected to be the best at this … Continue reading
After a historic individual season, Capitals netminder Braden Holtby was awarded his first career Vezina Trophy as the NHL’s best goaltender.
What many Caps fans expected has happened: Bradeb Holtby, along with Tampa Bay Lightning goaltender Ben Bishop and Los Angeles Kings netminder Jonathan Quick, have been named Vezina Trophy finalists, as voted by the league’s General Managers.