Search NoVa Caps Site
- A Year After Resigning From Capitals, Barry Trotz Wins Jack Adams Award As NHL Coach Of The Year
- Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom Announces Annual Brynas Black-White Game As Part Of Hockey Is For Everyone Initiative
- “We Could Have Had…?!”: Washington Capitals’ Draft Day Regrets – 2011 – 2013
- Report: 2019-20 NHL Salary Cap Projections Are Dropping
- Report: Capitals Prospect Damien Riat Set To Participate in the Capitals’ Camps this Summer
- 2017-18 Capitals To Be Inducted Into Washington D.C. Sports Hall Of Fame
- Radko Gudas Says Capitals “Hundred Percent” Have Stanley Cup Potential
- Capitals’ Draft Day Memories Away From The Stage
- Carl Hagelin On Re-Signing With The Capitals: “I Don’t Think I Ever Thought About Going To Free Agency”
- Capitals Release 2019-20 Preseason Schedule
Tag Archives: Vezina Trophy
Which Capitals need to rebound in 2018-19? Continue reading
Photos: NHL via Getty Images “I think (Ovechkin) is taking fourteen years of frustration out on one playoff” – Jon Cooper, Head Coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning. We are now in the thick of the NHL Conference Finals. The … Continue reading
Who will take home the NHL awards after the 2017-18 regular season? Continue reading
A Look Ahead to the 2017-18 Season: Which Metropolitan Division Players Will Be the Most Productive?
Which players in the Metropolitan Division will be the most productive in 2017-18? Continue reading
NoVa Caps has been preparing key “player previews” for the upcoming season as the Washington Capitals begin to gear up for the start of training camp in two weeks. Today, we continue our previews with goaltender Braden Holtby.
That facial expression is the face that Caps fans everywhere made after another rough night. After losing Nate Schmidt, Braden Holtby came up short in a chance to win his second consecutive Vezina Trophy. Instead, it was Sergei Bobrovsky of … Continue reading
Braden Holtby, the 2015-2016 Vezina Trophy winner, was once again selected as a finalist for the award for this season’s body of work. The Vezina Trophy is an annual award given to the goalkeeper selected to be the best at this … Continue reading
After a historic individual season, Capitals netminder Braden Holtby was awarded his first career Vezina Trophy as the NHL’s best goaltender.
What many Caps fans expected has happened: Bradeb Holtby, along with Tampa Bay Lightning goaltender Ben Bishop and Los Angeles Kings netminder Jonathan Quick, have been named Vezina Trophy finalists, as voted by the league’s General Managers.
G Fiume/Getty Images Last year the NHL saw Carey Price pull off the post-season awards hat trick in winning the Vezina, the Hart, and the Ted Lindsay award. Price became the first goaltender to win both the Hart and the … Continue reading