Search NoVa Caps Site
- Follow NoVa Caps on WordPress.com
- Capitals’ John Carlson Finishes Second In Hardest Shot At 2020 NHL All-Star Skills
- Bears Beat Thunderbirds 5-2, Matt Moulson Scores Two Goals in 1,000th Professional Game
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman Discusses 2021 All-Star Weekend In Florida, Diversity, & Digital Innovations
- Wayne Gretzky: “I Want To See [Capitals’ Alex] Ovechkin [Break] My Record”
- Details For 2020 NHL All-Star Skills Competition
- Adios, Mexico! Washington Capitals Wrap-Up Bye Week And All-Star Break Vacations
- Brian Pinho’s Offensive Rise A Boost For Hershey
- Dale Hunter Wins 800th Career Game as Coach In OHL
- NHL Announces All-Star Skills Events, Participants; Capitals’ John Carlson To Compete In Hardest Shot, Braden Holtby In Saves Streak
- A Look Back At The Capitals’ 2017 Expansion Draft Protection List
Tag Archives: Troy Brouwer
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images This week, the “Down Goes Brown” column, written by Sean McIndoe for The Athletic (behind the pay wall), focused on “Projecting the Opening Night lineup for whichever team you personally cheer for”, describing the projected lineup … Continue reading
Joel Auerback/Getty Images North America While right wing T.J. Oshie has manned the slot on the Capitals’ lethal power play for the last three seasons, it was former Capital Troy Brouwer who first provided the team with a weapon in … Continue reading
While NHL free agency and a number of signings have dominated the headlines among Capitals fans, July 2 marks the three-year anniversary of the Capitals’ acquisition of right wing T.J. Oshie. In this trade, NoVa Caps looks back on the … Continue reading
As the Capitals were practicing on the Capitals Rink at Kettler, the Calgary Flames were doing Monday preparations themselves on the Public Rink. During Calgary’s practice there were two faces that are very familiar to Caps fans working out on … Continue reading
T.J. Oshie is Having the Best Start of His Career. How Much of a Difference has he Made with the Capitals?
During the 2014-15 season, the Capitals were 45-26-11 and were second in the division. Alex Ovechkin had a terrific year, leading the league with 53 goals and had 81 points in 81 games played. Nicklas Backstrom was just as good … Continue reading
Nick Laham/Getty Images Unlike the 2009 and 2010 NHL Entry Drafts, the 2011 draft did not have a clear-cut favorite player to be picked with the first overall pick. Whereas the previous two drafts featured Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall, and … Continue reading
Photo: Rob Carr/Getty Images Throughout the Capitals’ 42 years in existence, they’ve issued a total of 87 different jersey numbers to the hundreds of players that have suited up in the District. In NoVa Caps’ feature, History Behind A Number, … Continue reading
NoVa Caps Looks Back at the Top Moments of ’15-’16: #4 TJ Hat Trick & OT Game Winning Goal – Inspiration Provided by Lyla!
Photo: Washington Capitals Each week over the course of 10 weeks, NoVa Caps’ contributor Michael Marzzacco will take a look back at what he believes were the Top 10 Moments of the 2015-2016 Washington Capitals’ season.
Photo: Washington Capitals Let me start off by saying I’m not intending this to be as hot of a take as it seems from the title. The Capitals were a really good hockey team last year, and they were eliminated … Continue reading
@dimitriWTOP Tonight during the first game break the Washington Capitals welcomed “home” fan favorite back to Verizon Center.