Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Nip Bruins, 2-1, On Goal By Michael Raffl With Three Seconds Left
- Capitals’ T.J. Oshie Will Not Play vs. Bruins On Tuesday
- Nicklas Backstrom Will Play Tonight, Alex Ovechkin Will Be A Game Time Decision, John Carlson and T.J. Oshie Will Not Play
- Alex Ovechkin Participates In Tuesday Morning’s Optional Skate
- Capitals Will Face Bruins In First Round Of 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs; Series Will Open Saturday Night
- Boston at Washington Preview: Capitals Clash With Bruins in Regular Season Finale on Tuesday
- From Catching Softballs With A Goalie Glove In Daycare To Tending Goal In Chocolate Town, Hunter Shepard Is Shining In Hershey
- Washington D.C. Grants Waiver For Increase Of Maximum Capacity At Capital One Arena To 25% Starting May 14
- Report: D.C. Looking to Raise Attendance to Full Capacity at Sports Venues by June 11
- Capitals Writers Nominate Zdeno Chara For Bill Masterton Trophy
Tag Archives: Training Camp
Photo: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Washington Capitals forward Daniel Sprong told the media that “I feel pretty good. I felt [like] I was given some pretty good chances,” after the team’s first scrimmage of training camp on Thursday. He added that it … Continue reading
After the Washington Capitals‘ first scrimmage of training camp on Thursday, the team finally moved towards practicing the power-play. First-year head coach Peter Laviolette opted to take center Lars Eller, who has been a fixture on the second unit for … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals Defenseman Zdeno Chara told the media that “it was exciting to put the Washington Capitals jersey on,” be on the ice, and meet his new teammates after getting on the ice for the first time with the practice … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals Unrestricted free agent goaltender Craig Anderson, who is attending Washington Capitals‘ training camp on a professional tryout, said head coach Peter Laviolette told him “to show I can compete and contribute” in his first conversation with him.
Screen cap: @Capitals After completing his quarantine requirement and passing his physical testing, defenseman Zdeno Chara joined the Washington Capitals for the first time after signing a one-year contract with the team as an unrestricted free agent last Wednesday.
Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie said on Tuesday morning that the team’s first couple of days under new head coach Peter Laviolette have “been great. He’s been very straight forward and direct. … Guys are taking [the transition] pretty well.”
Washington Capitals goaltender Ilya Samsonov told the media on Tuesday that “I feel good — much, much better” after missing the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs with a tweaked nerve, which was in the neck and shoulder area. He has been … Continue reading
Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson said that new head coach Peter Laviolette’s system is “not that much different over the years.” He described it as some variation compared to others that he has played throughout his career.
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin told the media that he did not see GM Brian MacLellan today “but plenty of time” is left to negotiate a contract extension. The 35-year-old can become an unrestricted free agent on July 28. Ovechkin … Continue reading
Photo: @Capitals On his first day running practice for the Washington Capitals, head coach Peter Laviolette has made some changes to his team’s lineup after they ended last season by going 15-14-3 in their final 32 regular-season games and went … Continue reading