Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL Standings Outlook – In the Late April Home Stretch
- Marcel Dionne To Alex Ovechkin: “ I’ll Put On A Washington Capitals Hat In Your Honor”
- Former Capital Braden Holtby Makes 37 Saves, Including Spinning Kick Out, In Canucks’ First Game Back From COVID-19 Pause
- Optimization: A Look At The Capitals’ Defensemen And Optimizing The Pairings
- Capitals Fall To Bruins, 6-3
- Capitals’ Garnet Hathaway Given Game Misconduct For Boarding Bruins’ Jarred Tinordi
- Anthony Mantha Becomes First Player To Score A Goal In Each Of His First Four Games With Capitals
- Final Musings On The Trade Of Jakub Vrana
- Report: Jersey Advertisements Could Arrive In NHL As Soon As 2022-23 Season
- John Carlson Gets First Career Four-Assist Game In Capitals’ 6-3 Win Over Flyers
Tag Archives: Training Camp
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday that they have signed goaltender Craig Anderson to a one-year contract worth $700,000 and put him on waivers with the intention of putting him on the taxi squad. The 39-year-old became an … Continue reading
Photo: ESPN The NHL announced on Tuesday evening that 27 players on nine different teams have tested positive for COVID-19 since teams were allowed to open training camps on Wednesday, December 30. Opening night across the league is slated to … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals made roster cuts on Monday, just ahead of the deadline at 5 PM ET on Tuesday to submit their final 23-man and four-to-six skater taxi squad rosters. They will also be required to carry at least three … Continue reading
Photo: Wikipedia The Vancouver Canucks announced on Sunday that they have canceled their training camp activities for the day out of precaution after players could have been exposed to COVID-19. The NHL will announce if any players tested positive for … Continue reading
Washington Capitals defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler thinks that the competition on a crowded blueline is “a good thing [because it] keeps you on [your] toes every practice.” He feels like there is “a pretty healthy competition here right now.”
Washington Capitals forward Jakub Vrana told the media on Saturday that “I like [head coach Peter Laviolette’s system], it’s a high-tempo [one].” He does not mind the skating part of it and added that “we want to play fast.”
After the Washington Capitals‘ day off on Friday, head coach Peter Laviolette shook his team’s forwards lines up and gave goaltender Pheonix Copley a closer look. The team made no changes on defense.
Photo: Pittsburgh Hockey Now The Pittsburgh Penguins canceled their practice and scrimmage on Saturday for precautionary reasons after possibly being exposed to COVID-19, according to NHL.com’s Wes Crosby.
Photo: Visit Frisco The Dallas Stars canceled their practice on Friday. The team could not tell why but according to The Athletic’s Sean Shapiro and Saad Yousuf, the cancellation was COVID-19 related. The Columbus Blue Jackets also announced that they … Continue reading
Peter Laviolette After Capitals’ First Training Camp Scrimmage: “I Think We Accomplished What We Wanted To Accomplish”
Photo: @Capitals After the Washington Capitals’ first scrimmage of training camp on Thursday afternoon, head coach Peter Laviolette thought that the first two periods of it “[were] competitive [and] fast” and the scrimmage was good as a whole.