Search NoVa Caps Site
- Nicklas Backstrom, Carl Hagelin Will Meet With Members Of Team Sweden In Stockholm Next Week
- Capitals Prospect Haakon Hanelt Scores Goal, Two Assists In Under 20 Summer Challenge Tournament
- Michal Kempny: What To Expect When He Returns From Injury
- NHL Analytics Glossary
- How Will The Capitals Replace Brenden Dillon?
- Former Blue Jackets, Rangers Coach John Tortorella Joins ESPN As Studio Analyst
- Vegas Updates Odds For 2022 Stanley Cup Following Drafts, Free Agency
- Brenden Dillon Understands Trade From Washington Was A Business Deal
- Bogdan Trineyev Called To Russian National Team For 2021 Sochi Open
- Capitals’ Ilya Samsonov Does Not File For Salary Arbitration; Red Wings’ Jakub Vrana Among 17 Players That Did
Tag Archives: Training Camp
As we get into the thick of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs, more teams are going to be sent packing and preparing for next season. While there will not be much action on the ice, there will be plenty of … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday that they have signed goaltender Craig Anderson to a one-year contract worth $700,000 and put him on waivers with the intention of putting him on the taxi squad. The 39-year-old became an … Continue reading
Photo: ESPN The NHL announced on Tuesday evening that 27 players on nine different teams have tested positive for COVID-19 since teams were allowed to open training camps on Wednesday, December 30. Opening night across the league is slated to … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals made roster cuts on Monday, just ahead of the deadline at 5 PM ET on Tuesday to submit their final 23-man and four-to-six skater taxi squad rosters. They will also be required to carry at least three … Continue reading
Photo: Wikipedia The Vancouver Canucks announced on Sunday that they have canceled their training camp activities for the day out of precaution after players could have been exposed to COVID-19. The NHL will announce if any players tested positive for … Continue reading
Washington Capitals defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler thinks that the competition on a crowded blueline is “a good thing [because it] keeps you on [your] toes every practice.” He feels like there is “a pretty healthy competition here right now.”
Washington Capitals forward Jakub Vrana told the media on Saturday that “I like [head coach Peter Laviolette’s system], it’s a high-tempo [one].” He does not mind the skating part of it and added that “we want to play fast.”
After the Washington Capitals‘ day off on Friday, head coach Peter Laviolette shook his team’s forwards lines up and gave goaltender Pheonix Copley a closer look. The team made no changes on defense.
Photo: Pittsburgh Hockey Now The Pittsburgh Penguins canceled their practice and scrimmage on Saturday for precautionary reasons after possibly being exposed to COVID-19, according to NHL.com’s Wes Crosby.
Photo: Visit Frisco The Dallas Stars canceled their practice on Friday. The team could not tell why but according to The Athletic’s Sean Shapiro and Saad Yousuf, the cancellation was COVID-19 related. The Columbus Blue Jackets also announced that they … Continue reading