Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ Prospect Connor McMichael: “It Was Good To Get Out With The Team Again”
- Better than Expected: How the Capitals’ Actual ‘Goals For’ Outpace Expected ‘Goals For’
- Buffalo at Washington Series Preview: Capitals Begin Six-Game Home Stand With Clash Against Sabres
- Ilya Samsonov Has Tested Positive For COVID-19
- T.J. Oshie’s Message to Capitals Fans: “We Miss You As Much As You Miss Us”
- Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin And Dmitry Orlov Both Have COVID-19 Antibodies, Nastya Ovechkin Says
- No Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Orlov Or Samsonov at Thursday’s Capitals Practice; Connor McMichael, Martin Fehervary and Brian Pinho Skate With Team
- Connor McMichael Joins Capitals Taxi Squad; Craig Anderson Added To Roster
- Report: Sports Betting To Launch In Virginia On Thursday
- A Look At The Capitals’ Defensemen’s Stats Through Four Games
Tag Archives: Training Camp
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday that they have signed goaltender Craig Anderson to a one-year contract worth $700,000 and put him on waivers with the intention of putting him on the taxi squad. The 39-year-old became an … Continue reading
Photo: ESPN The NHL announced on Tuesday evening that 27 players on nine different teams have tested positive for COVID-19 since teams were allowed to open training camps on Wednesday, December 30. Opening night across the league is slated to … Continue reading
The Washington Capitals made roster cuts on Monday, just ahead of the deadline at 5 PM ET on Tuesday to submit their final 23-man and four-to-six skater taxi squad rosters. They will also be required to carry at least three … Continue reading
Photo: Wikipedia The Vancouver Canucks announced on Sunday that they have canceled their training camp activities for the day out of precaution after players could have been exposed to COVID-19. The NHL will announce if any players tested positive for … Continue reading
Washington Capitals defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler thinks that the competition on a crowded blueline is “a good thing [because it] keeps you on [your] toes every practice.” He feels like there is “a pretty healthy competition here right now.”
Washington Capitals forward Jakub Vrana told the media on Saturday that “I like [head coach Peter Laviolette’s system], it’s a high-tempo [one].” He does not mind the skating part of it and added that “we want to play fast.”
After the Washington Capitals‘ day off on Friday, head coach Peter Laviolette shook his team’s forwards lines up and gave goaltender Pheonix Copley a closer look. The team made no changes on defense.
Photo: Pittsburgh Hockey Now The Pittsburgh Penguins canceled their practice and scrimmage on Saturday for precautionary reasons after possibly being exposed to COVID-19, according to NHL.com’s Wes Crosby.
Photo: Visit Frisco The Dallas Stars canceled their practice on Friday. The team could not tell why but according to The Athletic’s Sean Shapiro and Saad Yousuf, the cancellation was COVID-19 related. The Columbus Blue Jackets also announced that they … Continue reading
Peter Laviolette After Capitals’ First Training Camp Scrimmage: “I Think We Accomplished What We Wanted To Accomplish”
Photo: @Capitals After the Washington Capitals’ first scrimmage of training camp on Thursday afternoon, head coach Peter Laviolette thought that the first two periods of it “[were] competitive [and] fast” and the scrimmage was good as a whole.