Search NoVa Caps Site
- ESPN’s Max Kellerman Draws Fire For “No One Really Cares About Hockey” Comment
- ‘The Athletic’ Lays Off 8% of Staff
- Capitals’ Braden Holtby on NHL’s Lack of Speaking Up About Social & Racial Issues: “We’re Obviously Behind As A Sport”
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
Tag Archives: Tommy Hughes
Photo: JustSports Photography/Hershey Bears The Hershey Bears have announced the initial roster for the club’s 2019 Training Camp, which opens tomorrow morning at Giant Center at 10:30 a.m.
Four days of training camp and the first preseason game are now in the books, with opening night just around the corner. NoVa Caps’ photojournalist Joe Noyes spent Monday at MedStar Capitals Iceplex, and captured a few images from the 4th … Continue reading
Photo: JustSports/Hershey Bears With the start of training camp just around the corner, battles for roster spots and playing time loom for the Hershey Bears. Here are five key battles to keep an eye on.
Frank Jansky/Icon Sportswire, Via Associated Press With the loss of veteran defenseman Aaron Ness in free agency and the pending departure of Ryan Sproul, Tyler Lewington was left as the lone veteran presence on the Hershey Bears’ blueline. The Hershey … Continue reading
This is the sixth installment of NoVa Caps’ Washington Capitals’ monthly prospect report for the 2017-2018 season. The report is a compendium of stats, news and analysis for each of the Capitals’ prospects for the month of March. You can … Continue reading
Photo: Julie Beidler After recently beginning their own training camp, the Capitals’ American Hockey League Affiliate Hershey Bears received several players from the Caps on loan in preparation for the start of the AHL season. Today, the Bears announced their … Continue reading
After the Capitals’ 4-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes in the team’s fourth preseason game last night, more roster cuts were expected to come sometime today. This morning, the Capitals announced their second round of roster cuts, trimming their roster … Continue reading
Hershey, Pa. – Today, the Hershey Bears announced the signing of defensemen Tommy Hughes to a one-year AHL contract.