Search NoVa Caps Site
- Nicklas Backstrom, Carl Hagelin Will Meet With Members Of Team Sweden In Stockholm Next Week
- Capitals Prospect Haakon Hanelt Scores Goal, Two Assists In Under 20 Summer Challenge Tournament
- Michal Kempny: What To Expect When He Returns From Injury
- NHL Analytics Glossary
- How Will The Capitals Replace Brenden Dillon?
- Former Blue Jackets, Rangers Coach John Tortorella Joins ESPN As Studio Analyst
- Vegas Updates Odds For 2022 Stanley Cup Following Drafts, Free Agency
- Brenden Dillon Understands Trade From Washington Was A Business Deal
- Bogdan Trineyev Called To Russian National Team For 2021 Sochi Open
- Capitals’ Ilya Samsonov Does Not File For Salary Arbitration; Red Wings’ Jakub Vrana Among 17 Players That Did
Tag Archives: Todd Reirden
Photo: @Capitals The Washington Capitals 2019-20 roster saw significant changeover during the last offeseason. Changes included a new coaching staff, tweaks to the bottom-six forward group as well a substantial overhaul of the Capitals’ defense.
Photo: SI Due to a flat salary cap for the next three years, the Washington Capitals were one of many teams that were forced to make a number of roster changes over the past offseason. With 20 percent of the … Continue reading
Photo: WaPo After the Washington Capitals hired Peter Laviolette to be the 19th head coach in franchise history, one of the first questions is what kind of influence he will have on captain Alex Ovechkin. NoVa Caps looks at Ovechkin’s … Continue reading
After firing head coach Todd Reirden on August 23, Washington Capitals’ general manager Brian MacLellan told the media that “we need an experienced coach, [one who will] press buttons on some players.” MacLellan thought the sense of accountability within the locker … Continue reading
Photo: DCist The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Wednesday morning that they have named Todd Reirden as an assistant coach. He will primarily work with the team’s defensive group and power-play. The team also announced Mike Vellucci was hired as an … Continue reading
Photos: Jordan Stuart/Washingtonian It’s been eight days since the Capitals fired head coach Todd Reirden, but his Falls Church mansion is already on the market. The six-bedroom, eight-bathroom house sits on 2.3 acres, and was listed Monday for $2,250,000 by … Continue reading
Report: Predators Give Capitals Permission To Interview Peter Laviolette To Fill Head Coaching Vacancy
Photo: Yahoo Finance Sportsnet’s Elliotte Freidman reported on Sunday night that the Nashville Predators have given the Washington Capitals permission to talk to their former head coach, Peter Laviolette, who was fired by the team on January 6.
Former Washington Capitals head coach Todd Reirden published a statement to the media Sunday afternoon following his release from the team earlier in the day.
Capitals’ GM Brian MacLellan: “We Need An Experienced Coach, [One Who Will] Press Buttons On Some Players”
After firing head coach Todd Reirden on Sunday morning, Washington Capitals GM Brian MacLellan told the media that “we need an experienced coach, [one who will] press buttons on some players.” He added that the team is “going to find … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals have relieved head coach Todd Reirden of his coaching duties, senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.