Search NoVa Caps Site
- Wednesday Night Hockey Preview: Capitals, Maple Leafs Look To End Losing Streaks
- Alex Ovechkin Passes Dave Andreychuk in Career Goals
- Alex Ovechkin Will Serve Suspension For Skipping All-Star Game on February 1 vs. Flames
- Alex Ovechkin Records Hat Trick in 7-6 Loss Against the San Jose Sharks
- Sharks Outscore Capitals 7-6 (OT); Alex Ovechkin Scores 23rd Career Hat Trick
- 11th Annual Congressional Hockey Challenge Set For February 6th
- Capitals Reportedly Listening To Offers on Andre Burakovsky, Seeking Top-Nine Forward in Any Deal
- With Christian Djoos Close To Return, What Should the Capitals Do? (Readers’ Poll)
- Christian Djoos Practices In No-Contact Jersey; Capitals To Make Decision on When Alex Ovechkin Will Serve Suspension Wednesday
- NoVa Caps Mailbag: Trotz vs. Reirden, Balancing Common Sense and Justified Concern, Perspective On The Capitals
Tag Archives: Thoughts From Section 217
Preseason is upon us, which means the glorious celebration of raising the banner, having Lord Stanley in OUR house, and kicking off another season of watching the team we love, play the sport we love : HOCKEY.
The Capitals, like many NHL teams always look for ways in which to engage season ticket holders to make the fan experience a unique and enjoyable one. In this piece, NoVa Caps’ Lisa Desabrais gives her take on the Capitals’ … Continue reading
I think anyone who has ever been a sports fan has superstitions. Their “do’s and dont’s”, and game day rituals they follow. This, I’m sure holds true with the teams we support as well.
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images I am sure a lot of us, myself included, felt a pit at the bottom of our stomachs after the second period of game five. We have all seen it before; the team loses a lead, … Continue reading
With the Capitals (and their fans) celebrating a promised Game 4 win on Thursday night, NoVa Caps’ Lisa Desabrais gives her thoughts on the Capitals’ identity and the unity of the fans in the latest Thoughts From Section 217.
I’m sure after the game last night so many of us started thinking “not again”. I’d be lying if I didn’t start feeling a wee bit of “Capsitis” coming on. You know the symptoms; feeling of doom and gloom, body … Continue reading
Looking back I realized the first exposure to hockey for my family was in 1992 when my husband and I lived in Florida. During our time in West Palm Beach there was a professional minor league hockey team named the … Continue reading
I have mentioned before that our section for home hockey games is like the United Nations of Hockey, as we tend to get a lot of fans from the away team. Last Friday night was no different.