Search NoVa Caps Site
- Jay Beagle Receives Stanley Cup Ring
- Hershey Bears Vitek Vanecek Named CCM/AHL Player Of The Week
- Capitals Sign Kody Clark To Three-Year Entry Level Contract
- Rounding Off the Bottom-Six: Three Players Competing for Two Spots In the Capitals’ Third and Fourth-lines [Readers Poll]
- Game Preview: Capitals @ Canucks
- Our Latest Design: A Tribute To Braden “HoltBae”
- Elite and Leading By Example: Evgeny Kuznetsov Has Emerged As One of the NHL’s Best Players and One of the Capitals’ Most Valuable Leaders
- Bears Beat Checkers 2-0, Hand Charlotte Their First Loss Of The Season
- Bears Assign Milner To South Carolina
- After Demotion To Fourth Line, What’s Next For Andre Burakovsky?
Tag Archives: Thoughts From Section 217
Preseason is upon us, which means the glorious celebration of raising the banner, having Lord Stanley in OUR house, and kicking off another season of watching the team we love, play the sport we love : HOCKEY.
The Capitals, like many NHL teams always look for ways in which to engage season ticket holders to make the fan experience a unique and enjoyable one. In this piece, NoVa Caps’ Lisa Desabrais gives her take on the Capitals’ … Continue reading
I think anyone who has ever been a sports fan has superstitions. Their “do’s and dont’s”, and game day rituals they follow. This, I’m sure holds true with the teams we support as well.
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images I am sure a lot of us, myself included, felt a pit at the bottom of our stomachs after the second period of game five. We have all seen it before; the team loses a lead, … Continue reading
With the Capitals (and their fans) celebrating a promised Game 4 win on Thursday night, NoVa Caps’ Lisa Desabrais gives her thoughts on the Capitals’ identity and the unity of the fans in the latest Thoughts From Section 217.
I’m sure after the game last night so many of us started thinking “not again”. I’d be lying if I didn’t start feeling a wee bit of “Capsitis” coming on. You know the symptoms; feeling of doom and gloom, body … Continue reading
Looking back I realized the first exposure to hockey for my family was in 1992 when my husband and I lived in Florida. During our time in West Palm Beach there was a professional minor league hockey team named the … Continue reading
I have mentioned before that our section for home hockey games is like the United Nations of Hockey, as we tend to get a lot of fans from the away team. Last Friday night was no different.