Search NoVa Caps Site
- Inaugural Game at MCI Center – Retro Recap – Florida Panthers @ Washington Capitals – December 5, 1997
- Vancouver Canucks Cut Ties With Anthem Singer After He Confirmed He Would Participate In Anti-COVID-19 Restrictions Rally
- Report: NHL, Players’ Association Discussing January 15 Opening Night
- Alex Ovechkin Met With Head Of Russian Olympic Committee On Wednesday
- KHL President Gives Update on COVID-19 Status In League: 507 Total Cases To Date, 486 Have Recovered, 21 Currently Sick With Virus
- Three New Designs From NoVa Caps!
- Vegas Releases Odds To Win The 2020-21 Hart Memorial Trophy
- Henrik Lundqvist Pleased With First Workouts In Washington
- Maruk Flies High Against the Jets: Retro Recap – Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets – December 4, 1981
- At Least Four NHL Teams Considering Playing Outdoor Home Games For 2020-21 Season
Tag Archives: Teemu Selanne
Going Gray While Lighting the Lamp: A Look at Goal Production at an Advanced Age and Alex Ovechkin’s Chances of Catching Gretzky
USA TODAY At the age of 34, Washington Capitals Captain Alex Ovechkin already has over 40 goals for the 2019-20 season (currently on hiatus) and has already scored the 700th career goal of his NHL career. The question has been … Continue reading
Capitals Blank Canes 2-0, Ilya Samsonov Records First Career NHL Shutout, Alex Ovechkin Scores Two Goals
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Carolina Hurricanes 2-0 Monday night at Capital One Arena. Alex Ovechkin potted two first period tallies and Ilya Samsonov and the Capitals defense clamped down in the remaining … Continue reading
Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin Scores 685th Goal Against Hurricanes; Passes Teemu Selanne For The 11th Most Goals In NHL History
He’s done it again. Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin scored his 685th goal on Monday night against the Carolina Hurricanes. He has passed forward Teemu Selanne for the 11th most goals in NHL history.
Alex Ovechkin Ties Teemu Selanne For 11th-most Goals In NHL History With Second Goal In Win Over Ottawa
As if scoring an answering goal to a close, no-goal call in the second period, Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin moved into a tie with Hall of Famer Teemu Selanne for 11th all-time on the NHL’s Goals Scored List with his … Continue reading
Greg Forwerck/NHLI via Getty Images Since he entered the league in 2005-06, Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin has made the Caps’ power play one of the most lethal in the league. His characteristic one-timer from his “office” has become one of … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/NHL via Getty Images Alex Ovechkin scored a power play goal during the third period of Friday night’s 4-3 overtime victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning. The goal tied the game 3-3.
Photo: @MonSportsNet The Washington Capitals game against the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday night produced yet another Alex Ovechkin milestone. The power play goal that he scored for the team’s fifth goal was his 237th power play goal and broke a … Continue reading
On August 22, 2018, several professional hockey players, primarily from Russia, but some Finns as well, played a hockey game to raise money for charity, specifically the Ot Chistovo Serdtsa [From Pure Heart] charity fund. The specific venue was Sirius … Continue reading
Photos: Getty Images Twenty years ago, the Capitals were preparing to embark on one of the most memorable and unprecedented seasons in the history of the franchise. However, judging from the events that occurred that offseason, very few fans and analysts would … Continue reading
Photos: K. Vrana Capitals’ forward prospect Jakub Vrana spent this weekend in Cardiff, Wales, where he attended the UEFA Champions league final between Juventus and Real Madrid on Saturday.