Search NoVa Caps Site
- Kristian Roykas-Marthinsen: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- Vegas Odds Now Against Next NHL Game Being Played Before August 1
- Nicklas Backstrom Talks about the Birth of his Daughter, Alizee, Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- How Mike Gartner Chose the No. 11 For the Capitals
- Capitals’ Head Coach Todd Reirden Discusses Keeping Family Safe During Coronavirus Pandemic, Daily Dose of Hockey, and the State of the Team During the NHL Pause
- Martin Hugo Has: Annual Forecast and Review – 2019-2020 Season
- Crossed Hockey Lines, Crossed State Lines, Brought Together Skills, & Helped Each Other Out: How Two Nurses Sewed Over 30 Capitals Masks For D.C. First Responders
- Alex Kannok-Leipert: Annual Review and Forecast – 2019-2020 Season
- LeBrun: Nothing Likely to Change For NHL Following Call with President Trump
- California’s Governor Newsom Doesn’t Agree With President Trump’s Anticipated Timeline for Return of Sports
Tag Archives: Teemu Selanne
Capitals Blank Canes 2-0, Ilya Samsonov Records First Career NHL Shutout, Alex Ovechkin Scores Two Goals
Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images The Washington Capitals beat the Carolina Hurricanes 2-0 Monday night at Capital One Arena. Alex Ovechkin potted two first period tallies and Ilya Samsonov and the Capitals defense clamped down in the remaining … Continue reading
Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin Scores 685th Goal Against Hurricanes; Passes Teemu Selanne For The 11th Most Goals In NHL History
He’s done it again. Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin scored his 685th goal on Monday night against the Carolina Hurricanes. He has passed forward Teemu Selanne for the 11th most goals in NHL history.
Alex Ovechkin Ties Teemu Selanne For 11th-most Goals In NHL History With Second Goal In Win Over Ottawa
As if scoring an answering goal to a close, no-goal call in the second period, Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin moved into a tie with Hall of Famer Teemu Selanne for 11th all-time on the NHL’s Goals Scored List with his … Continue reading
Greg Forwerck/NHLI via Getty Images Since he entered the league in 2005-06, Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin has made the Caps’ power play one of the most lethal in the league. His characteristic one-timer from his “office” has become one of … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/NHL via Getty Images Alex Ovechkin scored a power play goal during the third period of Friday night’s 4-3 overtime victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning. The goal tied the game 3-3.
Photo: @MonSportsNet The Washington Capitals game against the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday night produced yet another Alex Ovechkin milestone. The power play goal that he scored for the team’s fifth goal was his 237th power play goal and broke a … Continue reading
On August 22, 2018, several professional hockey players, primarily from Russia, but some Finns as well, played a hockey game to raise money for charity, specifically the Ot Chistovo Serdtsa [From Pure Heart] charity fund. The specific venue was Sirius … Continue reading
Photos: Getty Images Twenty years ago, the Capitals were preparing to embark on one of the most memorable and unprecedented seasons in the history of the franchise. However, judging from the events that occurred that offseason, very few fans and analysts would … Continue reading
Photos: K. Vrana Capitals’ forward prospect Jakub Vrana spent this weekend in Cardiff, Wales, where he attended the UEFA Champions league final between Juventus and Real Madrid on Saturday.