Search NoVa Caps Site
- WAR! What Is It Good For? Projecting the Metro Division Standings by Expected WAR Standings Point Projections
- Capitals Assistant Coach Reid Cashman Gives “Building Deception In Your D[efense]” Presentation At 2019 Coaches Conference
- Baby Capital on the Way: Nic Dowd and Wife Paige Announce They Are Expecting Their First Child
- Kunlun Red Star (KHL) Signs Dávid Bondra To Professional Tryout Contract
- Capitals Get Bigger, Grittier With Offseason Additions
- St. Louis Blues’ Championship Run Foreshadowed by Past Runs of their Predecessors in Washington
- Bears Sign Tariq Hammond To One-Year AHL Contract
- Report: Ron Francis To Be Named Seattle’s First GM In Franchise History Later This Week
- What’s Next for the Capitals in Free Agency?
- Martin Fehérváry: “My Childhood Dream Would Come True” [Translated Interview]
Tag Archives: Ted Leonsis
The Washington Capitals held their first practice since winning the Eastern Conference Championship Saturday morning at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. The house was packed for the team’s only practice in town before heading to Las Vegas. NoVa Caps photographer Debbie Pierce … Continue reading
Here is the latest from the Washington Capitals “rumor mill” for the week ending 4/20.
Here is the latest from the Washington Capitals’ rumor mill.
News and Notes from Thursday’s Capitals Practice at Capital One Arena: Team Photo Day, Playoff Clinch Scenarios, Roster Moves, Maintenance Day for One Defenseman, and Ted Talks
Photo: @Capitals The clock was ticking and Braden Holtby was pulled for an extra attacker as the Washington Capitals were trailing the New York Rangers 2-1 on Wednesday night. With a minute and five seconds left Nicklas Backstrom quickly fed … Continue reading
The Capitals will hold a pre-game ceremony this Friday, March 16, before they faceoff against the New York Islanders, to honor Alex Ovechkin and his 600 goals. Capitals owner Ted Leonsis and president Dick Patrick will join Ovechkin’s wife Nastya Ovechkina, … Continue reading
Photo: Getty Images With the recent announcement that the San Jose Sharks will be the hosts of the 2019 NHL All-Star Game, and the conclusion of a memorable weekend in Tampa Bay, the thought among some Capitals fans (certainly myself) … Continue reading
Despite the Capitals’ Playoff Futility, Alex Ovechkin’s Mega-Contract Was and Is Not A Wasted Investment
Aftwr the Capitals turned the corner and their misfortunes around during the 2007-08 season after a long, arduous rebuild, team owner Ted Leonsis signed the undisputed face of the franchise, young superstar Alex Ovechkin, to a record 13-year, $124 million … Continue reading
After years of “bigger is better” sports facility planning and design, trends are now pointing towards smaller venues. In response to the trend, facility owners are removing seats in existing arenas and replacing them with space for a wide array … Continue reading
Photo: Adam Jeffery/CNBC Technology and the world around us is changing and evolving and the most successful sports owner in the DMV area is embracing these changes. Even though the newly named Capital One Arena will still be the same building that was … Continue reading