Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals Hold Off Sabres, 4-3, In Shootout; Jakub Vrana Gets Two Points
- Capitals’ Tom Wilson Leaves Third Period Against Sabres With Lower-Body Injury; Will Be Re-evaluated Saturday
- Sabres At Capitals: Second Period Advanced Stats
- Bruins’ Brad Marchand on Capitals’ COVID-19 Violation: “We All Know The Consequences Of Breaking The Rules…They Brought That On Themselves”
- Sabres At Capitals: First Period Advanced Stats
- Hershey Bears Release Roster For 2020-21 Training Camp
- Report: NBC To Shut Down NBCSN At End Of 2021; NHL Coverage To Shift To USA Network
- Report: Capitals Among 12 Teams That Have Inquired On Blue Jackets’ Pierre-Luc Dubois
- Capitals Recall Brian Pinho From Taxi Squad
- Hershey Bears Release Schedule For 2020-21 Season
Tag Archives: Team Russia
The preliminary round is complete, with the final eight teams set. Now it’s “win or go home” time in this year’s IIHF World Championship. The elimination round will get started with possibly the premier matchup of the tournament, as Team … Continue reading
Team Russia downed Team Switzerland 3-0 Sunday evening at Ondrej Nepala Arena in Bratislava, Slovakia. Tampa’s Nikita Kucherov registered two of the Russian’s three goals. The Russians remain unbeaten in the preliminary round, going 6-0. Team Russia has one more … Continue reading
Capitals’ Evgeny Kuznetsov Records Four Points, Alex Ovechkin Tallies Two In Russia’s 10-0 Route Of Italy At IIHF World Championships
Photo: FOX Sports Washington Capitals forwards Alex Ovechkin and Evgeny Kuznetsov put on a show for Russia in their 10-0 blowout victory over Italy on Wednesday. Kuznetsov recorded two goals and four points while Ovechkin posted a goal and two … Continue reading
Capitals’ Evgeny Kuznetsov Records Four Points In Russia’s 4-1 Win Over Czech Republic At Euro Hockey Tour
Photo: NBC Sports Washington Washington Capitals center Evgeny Kuznetsov posted two goals and four points for Team Russia’s 3-1 win over Team Czech Republic at the 2019 Euro Hockey Tour on Sunday, a tuneup for the World Championship.
Capitals’ 2018 First-Round Pick Alexander Alexeyev Scores and Adds Assist in World Junior Championship Game Against Switzerland, Helps Russia Win 7-4
While much of the focus surrounding the Capitals has been on young defensemen Madison Bowey and Tyler Lewington, who scored their first NHL goals in Saturday night’s game against the Ottawa Senators, one of the team’s top defensive prospects scored … Continue reading
Nicklas Backstrom (Team Sweden), Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitry Orlov (Team Russia) traveled from Cologne, Germany to Paris, France on Wednesday via high-speed train. The two teams have advanced to the semi-finals of the 2017 IIHF Championships.
Photo: @russiahockey_en The Russian national team had their team photo taken today for the IIHF World Championships. Dmitry Orlov and Evgeny Kuznetsov were on hand with their teammates and spoke with the media following the photo session.
Chris Young/The Canadian Press via the AP In hockey, some games have the ability to keep fans on the edge of their seats. This afternoon, the United States and Russia IIHF World Junior teams certainly had that effect as the … Continue reading
Photo: NHL For a period and a half it was business as usual, as Team Canada seemed to be methodically marching their way to the championship round with a win over Team Russia. But then Team Russia woke up.
The Capitals Alex Ovechkin set up Team Russia’s first goal against Team Finland on Friday. The assist was generated on the heels of a beautiful curl-and-drag move, followed by a slick crossing pass to Valdimir Tarasenko, who simply tapped in … Continue reading