Search NoVa Caps Site
- Wednesday Night Hockey Preview: Capitals Collide With Predators At Capital One Arena
- Critical Points Are Up For Grabs As the Capitals Approach February
- Capitals’ Jakub Vrana Extends Career-Best Point Streak To Nine Games In Win Over Canadiens
- Vitek Vanecek Wins MVP Of 2020 AHL All-Star Challenge
- Capitals Hold Off Habs, 4-2; Jakub Vrana Scores Seventh In Eight Games
- Montreal Canadiens Pay Tribute to NBA Legend Kobe Bryant and Daughter Gianna During Star-Spangled Banner Before Game Against Capitals
- Boyder Back in Business: Travis Boyd Scores in First Game In Nearly A Month
- A Look at Potential Trade Deadline Acquisitions For The Washington Capitals
- Capitals Have Third-Most Favorable Schedule During Stretch Run
- Reader’s Opinion: It’s Time To Bring The NHL All-Star Game Back To Washington D.C.
Tag Archives: Statistics
Like Philipp Grubauer, Ilya Samsonov Has Appeared To Push Braden Holtby For Playing Time. How Do The Two Compare?
Photo: Newsday Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby has struggled lately as he’s posted an .811 save percentage and has allowed 19 goals in his last five games, going 1-4-0 in that span. Meanwhile, goaltender Ilya Samsonov‘s .921 save percentage ranks … Continue reading
How Is The Radko Gudas-Matt Niskanen Trade Looking For The Capitals And Flyers Halfway Through The Season?
As the halfway point of the season came this week, it is time to look at the Washington Capitals‘ biggest change of the offseason, which came on June 14 when they traded defenseman Matt Niskanen to the Philadelphia Flyers in … Continue reading
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin leads the NHL in regular-season and Stanley Cup Playoff goals combined vs. a single team against nine different franchises, the most in the league, this decade. (Data provided by hockey-reference.com)
Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images When the Capitals signed him to a one-year, $700,000 deal in free agency in July, left wing Brendan Leipsic’s role on the team was to provide some grittiness and secondary scoring to a revamped fourth-line, … Continue reading
Pretenders to the Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy Throne – A Look At the Opposition To Ovechkin’s Goal Scoring Dominance Over the Years
NHL For much of the decade, hockey pundits have speculated when Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin would begin to decline in terms of his goal scoring, as he aged and faced the ever-inevitable onset of Father Time, despite the 2004 first … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images NHL Public Relations released some stats on coach’s challenges from around the league this season through Thursday, December 12 on Saturday. The challenge has become effective as most have changed the determination of goals that were … Continue reading
Photo: Brandon Magnus/Getty Images The Washington Capitals return home from a perfect four-game road trip, something which they did only once in franchise history previously (1992-93), to host the Columbus Blue Jackets on Monday night (7 PM ET, NBC Sports … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images With the Washington Capitals having played 20 games in the 2019-2020 season, it’s time For our annual quarterly assessment of the team. In this piece, NoVa Caps’ Diane Doyle looks at the first quarter of … Continue reading
Photo: Eliot J. Schechter/Getty Images With just under a quarter of the 2019-20 NHL season in the books, the Washington Capitals lead the NHL in wins (13), goals (73), goals per game (4.06) and shooting percentage (13.1%) while ranking 18th … Continue reading