Search NoVa Caps Site
- Justin Schultz Out, Zdeno Chara In, Ilya Samsonov Starts In Goal Tonight: Notes From Capitals’ Morning Skate
- What If Capitals Players Had Their Own Individual Uniform Sponsors?
- After Thirteen Months, Capital One Arena Opens Doors to Fans For Wednesday’s Wizards Game
- More McMichael Magic: Connor McMichael Has Himself A Game, Scores Two Goals, Records One Assist Against Leigh Valley Phantoms
- Connor McMichael Scores Two Goals As Bears Thump Phantoms, 6-1
- Washington-New York Series Preview: Capitals And Islanders Set For Three-Game Series With Top Spot in the East On The Line
- Report: NHL Hoping To Start 2021-22 Season On October 12
- Presidential Candidates: A Look At the Race For the Presidents’ Trophy
- N1KY Throwback: Remembering Nicklas Backstrom’s Hat Trick Against The Montreal Canadiens in the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs – April 17, 2010
- Capitals vs. Islanders: Series Review And Trends Analysis
Tag Archives: Stanley Cup Qualifiers
Photo: Chase Agnello-Dean/Getty Images ￼Thursday’s Stanley Cup Qualifier action saw two shutouts, a big comeback, and the second team advance to the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Miss anything? NoVa Caps has you covered.
Capitals Fall To Flyers 3-1, 0-1-1 In Round-Robin Tournament; Scott Laughton Nets Two Goals, Three Points
Photo: Mark Blinch/Getty Images The Washington Capitals fell to the Philadelphia Flyers by a score of 3-1 in each team’s second round-robin tournament game to determine Stanley Cup Playoff seeding at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto on Thursday afternoon. The Capitals … Continue reading
Photo: NHL PR The National Hockey League announced today that Phase 2 of the 2020 NHL Draft Lottery – which will award the first overall selection in the 2020 NHL Draft – will be conducted at NHL Network’s Secaucus, N.J., studio on Monday, Aug. … Continue reading
Photo: Jeff Vinnick/Getty Images Some late magic happened across the NHL happened on Thursday as two teams won their games late in regulation and more must-see action occurred. Missed anything? Catch up on all of the day’s action below.
The Washington Capitals announced on Wednesday that center Lars Eller has returned to Washington this afternoon for the birth of his second child. Upon returning to Toronto, Eller will follow the NHL’s quarantine and testing protocol before rejoining the team.
Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom On Round-Robin Game vs. Flyers: “To Have A Chance Tomorrow, We Have To Bring Our ‘A’ Game”
Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom told the media on Wednesday that the nurses inside of the Eastern Conference bubble in Toronto “are doing a great job” with COVID-19 testing. “So far, it’s been great,” he said.
Photo: Chase Agnello-Dean/Getty Images Tuesday’s action in the Stanley Cup Qualifiers was action-packed with a series sweep and two teams tied their best-of-five series as we get into the midst of the round. Did you miss anything? NoVa Caps has … Continue reading
Photo: Yahoo Canada Sports The Toronto Maple Leafs announced after their 3-0 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game 2 of their qualifying round series that defenseman Jake Muzzin, who left the late in the game on a stretcher … Continue reading
Photo: Andre Ringuette/Getty Images While the Washington Capitals fell to the Tampa Bay Lightning by a score of 3-2 in a shootout in their first round-robin tournament game to determine Stanley Cup Playoff seeding in the Eastern Conference, there were … Continue reading
Photo: Dave Sandford/Getty Images Day three of the Stanley Cup Qualifiers had all of it: a hat-trick, a big third-period comeback, a playoff shootout, players kneeling during the national anthems — you name it. If you missed any of the … Continue reading