Search NoVa Caps Site
- ESPN’s Max Kellerman Draws Fire For “No One Really Cares About Hockey” Comment
- ‘The Athletic’ Lays Off 8% of Staff
- Capitals’ Braden Holtby on NHL’s Lack of Speaking Up About Social & Racial Issues: “We’re Obviously Behind As A Sport”
- Is Brooks Orpik The Guy to Replace Reid Cashman?
- Phase 2 of “Return To Play” Begins Monday
- Discussions Between NHL, NHLPA Continue for new Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Penguins Announce Player Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff Seeding Will Be Redone After Each Round
- Washington Capitals Players Speak Out Against Racism, Participate in “Blackout Tuesday”
- Could The Capitals Deal A Defenseman Next Offseason?
Tag Archives: Shooting Percentage
Photo: NHL via Getty Images Today, we’ll take a quick look at some interesting tidbits regarding the Caps’ match-up with the Anaheim Ducks tonight. The Ducks are a really interesting team statistically, and there are a few trends to be … Continue reading
Photo: Eliot J. Schechter/Getty Images With just under a quarter of the 2019-20 NHL season in the books, the Washington Capitals lead the NHL in wins (13), goals (73), goals per game (4.06) and shooting percentage (13.1%) while ranking 18th … Continue reading
With 52 of 82 games in the books, the Capitals team identity and style of play is starting to take shape. The team was hampered with significant injuries through the first 34 games of the season, but have been really … Continue reading
The Capitals’ Shot Production Woes Continue: Is This An Approaching Cliff or a Benign Blip? (Part II)
Photo: NHL/Getty Images Three weeks ago we began to dig a little deeper into the issue concerning the Capitals woeful shot production. You may recall that this has been an issue all season for the Capitals, so we wanted to … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images There it is. There’s no mistaking it. Stats nerds have been keeping one eye peeled on it at all times this season – the proverbial “elephant in the room”, if you will. The Capitals are at … Continue reading
As we do each and every year in the weeks leading up to Capitals training camp, NoVa Caps is preparing key “player previews” for the coming season. Today our annual player previews continue with T.J. Oshie.
Patrick McDermott/National Hockey League/Getty Images Since the Capitals bye week, the team’s PDO stat (shot percentage plus save percentage) has plummeted. Should this be a concern?
Photos: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images So far it almost seems you can break this Capitals season into three segments:
Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images It’s no secret the Capitals have been on a “Monumental” scoring rampage since the start of 2017. The Caps have scored five or more goals in their last 10 home games – a mind-boggling stat … Continue reading
Photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images It wasn’t going to last forever. The Capitals went into their game against the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday night scoring four or more goals in eight straight games, and ten of their last eleven games. The … Continue reading