Search NoVa Caps Site
- Capitals’ Vitek Vanecek on NHL Debut, 2-1 Victory Over Sabres: “The Dream Came True”
- Vitek Vanecek Wins In NHL Debut, 2-1; Czech Mate Jakub Vrana Scores Second Goal In First Two Games
- Capitals’ Head Coach Peter Laviolette Says Connor McMichael Will Join The Team Following Quarantine
- Vitek Vanecek Will Make First Career NHL Start Friday Night In Buffalo
- NHL Reschedules Capitals-Bruins Game In April
- Television Ratings For Return Of NHL Are Up, Set Records
- No Hearing For Nic Dowd’s Hit To Eric Staal
- Capitals Extend Opening Night Splendor: T.J. Oshie, John Carlson, Nicklas Backstrom And Alex Ovechkin Extend Opening Night Streaks
- Capitals’ Brenden Dillon Drops the Gloves With Sabres’ Jake McCabe
- Capitals Scrape Sabres, 6-4, In Peter Laviolette’s Debut; T.J. Oshie Earns Three Points
Tag Archives: Scott Stevens
Photo: Associated Press In a normal year, October means many things. It’s a time when the weather gets colder, the leaves on the trees turn color, and college and professional football are in full swing. The Major League Baseball postseason is … Continue reading
Moments after it was announced that Capitals defenseman John Carlson finished second to Predators Roman Josi in the 2020 Norris Trophy voting, the NHL announced that Carlson was selected to the league’s First All-Star Team.
One notable Washington Capitals tradition has been defensemen who were also great contributors on the offensive end. Throughout the years, the Capitals have had eight defensemen on their roster who have topped 20 goals.
Cruising Carly: John Carlson Moves Into Second In Franchise Scoring and Assists For Defensemen With Third Period Assists Against Golden Knights
Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images John Carlson’s 2019-20 season thus far has been one for the record books and one that has gained league-wide attention. While those outside Washington may just be realizing the weapon Carlson is, the Capitals and … Continue reading
John Carlson Passes Kevin Hatcher For Third in Franchise Scoring for Defensemen, Ties Scott Stevens For Fifth in Goals, Second in Assists & Points
Capitals defenseman John Carlson has had himself a magnificent start to the 2019-20 season, and gaining some much-deserved league-wide attention for his play. In the process, he has climbed his way up the NHL and franchise record books, and with … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images After recording a then-career high 63 points and capping off the 2017-18 with a Stanley Cup championship, Capitals defenseman John Carlson had already had himself a solid season. This season, however, has seen the former … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins return to action Saturday night at 7 PM at Capital One Arena for Game 5 of their best-of-seven series in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. The teams are even … Continue reading
Graig Abel/Getty Images As part of the 2017 All Star Weekend festivities, the NHL announced the 100 Greatest Players in the league’s 100-year history. One of the Capitals players named was defenseman Scott Stevens, who spent eight seasons with the … Continue reading
Photo: Minnesota Wild Former Washington Capitals defenseman Scott Stevens will join former Capitals Head Coach Bruce Boudreau’s coaching staff in Minnesota.
#5 – (Tie) Sergei Gonchar – 1994-2004 (10 seasons) and Mike Green – 2005-2015 (10 seasons) Each of these players was known for their offensive prowess as defensemen and both were usually on the second defensive pairing. Gonchar’s best asset … Continue reading