Search NoVa Caps Site
- NHL and National Gaming Association Announce New Partnership
- 2020 Offseason Report Cards: Pacific Division
- Wayne Gretzky Selling California Mansion For $22.9 Million (Photos)
- Former Capitals Prospect Connor Hobbs Retires from Professional Hockey
- Newly-Hired Capitals’ Assistant Coach Kevin McCarthy: “There’s More To Lavi’s System Than Just Offense…Defense Wins Championships”
- NHL Announces Postponements For Winter Classic and All-Star Weekend
- Television Ratings For All Sports Are Down, But Experts Advise, Don’t Read Too Much Into it…Yet
- A Tale of Two Alex’s: Former Capital Alexander Semin And Current Capitals Prospect Alexander Alexeyev Face Off in KHL Action
- Capitals Re-sign Jonas Siegenthaler To One-Year, $800,000 Contract
- 2020 Offseason Report Cards: Central Division
Tag Archives: Scott Stevens
Moments after it was announced that Capitals defenseman John Carlson finished second to Predators Roman Josi in the 2020 Norris Trophy voting, the NHL announced that Carlson was selected to the league’s First All-Star Team.
One notable Washington Capitals tradition has been defensemen who were also great contributors on the offensive end. Throughout the years, the Capitals have had eight defensemen on their roster who have topped 20 goals.
Cruising Carly: John Carlson Moves Into Second In Franchise Scoring and Assists For Defensemen With Third Period Assists Against Golden Knights
Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images John Carlson’s 2019-20 season thus far has been one for the record books and one that has gained league-wide attention. While those outside Washington may just be realizing the weapon Carlson is, the Capitals and … Continue reading
John Carlson Passes Kevin Hatcher For Third in Franchise Scoring for Defensemen, Ties Scott Stevens For Fifth in Goals, Second in Assists & Points
Capitals defenseman John Carlson has had himself a magnificent start to the 2019-20 season, and gaining some much-deserved league-wide attention for his play. In the process, he has climbed his way up the NHL and franchise record books, and with … Continue reading
Photo: NHL via Getty Images After recording a then-career high 63 points and capping off the 2017-18 with a Stanley Cup championship, Capitals defenseman John Carlson had already had himself a solid season. This season, however, has seen the former … Continue reading
Photo: NHL.com The Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins return to action Saturday night at 7 PM at Capital One Arena for Game 5 of their best-of-seven series in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. The teams are even … Continue reading
Graig Abel/Getty Images As part of the 2017 All Star Weekend festivities, the NHL announced the 100 Greatest Players in the league’s 100-year history. One of the Capitals players named was defenseman Scott Stevens, who spent eight seasons with the … Continue reading
Photo: Minnesota Wild Former Washington Capitals defenseman Scott Stevens will join former Capitals Head Coach Bruce Boudreau’s coaching staff in Minnesota.
#5 – (Tie) Sergei Gonchar – 1994-2004 (10 seasons) and Mike Green – 2005-2015 (10 seasons) Each of these players was known for their offensive prowess as defensemen and both were usually on the second defensive pairing. Gonchar’s best asset … Continue reading